August 1, 2010

Thirty-One

Today is my 31st birthday.

It has been an interesting day.  My husband, bless his heart, did his best to help me feel special and to make the day enjoyable, but my children, well, lets just say that they have somewhat of a hangover from Disneyland, and, well, they sort of drove me crazy today.  Like, if I'd had a babysitter available, I would have ditched them.  Although they made me laugh several times, they did make me cry once, but then they felt really bad, so they tried to be on their very best behavior, and that lasted for probably ten minutes.  But now they are all asleep, and I can hear each of them breathing, and I love them again, but I certainly hope that tomorrow is a better day!

But, back to the topic of my birthday...  my big birthday wish was to have my toes in the sand at the beach.
Amy met up with us, and it was so nice to see her!  Ever since I was 6, I've spent many birthdays with Amy, including my 21st in Las Vegas 10 years ago!  Geesh, I'm getting old!
Joe, Lu and Max were such great beach babes.  A big wave knocked Lucy down, but she got up and kept playing.  And Max ate quite a bit of sand, but he kept playing.  And Joe vowed that he would not be swimming in the ocean because he will never swim with sharks, but after playing in the sand for a while, he took Amy's boogie board out and swam and was not eaten by a shark.

And my hubby was lookin' good, all white and Seattle-ish :)  He was playing with the kids and chasing them around so that I could visit with Amy and relax.
Our time at the beach was perfect.
Happy Birthday to Me!
Bring it on, 31!

 

5 comments:

Jacqui Lott said...

Happy Birthday, Annie! Glad you got to sink your toes into some soft sand. The beach looks beautiful and the photo of Joe's head sticking out of the sand cracks me up. I hope you get some blissful sleep tonight. Loving all the photos and stories from your trip!

Wilson Girlzz said...

Birthday's just aren't quite the same as a mom are they?!
:o)

I'm happy you were at the beach and got to see Amy. The family portrait is super cute and Dev's not THAT white...I'd like to think he's rockin' vampire chic
sorry Devon, but Annie does like vampires, so this is a good thing!)

Happy Birthday - 31 - BAZINGA!

Just Me said...

Now that's MY kinda day, a day at the beach. Love Joe buried in the sand and who is that gorgeous man at the end end holding my beautiful granddaughter? Oh, yeah, that is my handsome son. Glad you had a birthday at the beach, Annie. If I had been there (glad to hear ou missed me) I would have taken the kids off to leave you to enjoy your birthday. Don't worry, you have many many more ahead of you. Can't wait to see you Tuesday.

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Annie!!!! The beach idea looks like it was a hit! Thirty-one is going to rock for you...I can just feel it! Amy looks great, how fun to get to see her!

comfy cozy said...

Happy birthday to you friend!

The pics are ALL awesome and definitely frameable! :) So glad you got to hang at the beach and even better that Devon entertained the kiddies so you could have some girl time!