Me: Good morning- happy anniversary honey!
Devon: Five years ago... best day of my life.
Me: It was the third best day of my life.
Devon: What?! Oh, the days that the babies were born?
Me: Well, yes, I mean, come on, a human being grew inside of me and then emerged from my body... it is kinda hard to compete with that.
Devon: Okay, but maybe you should consider that if we hadn't gotten married, then there would have never been a Lucy and a Max.
Me: True, and while our wedding day was wonderful, the happiest days of my life were when I gave birth.
Devon: Well, the day that I married you was my happiest day, followed by the birthdays, because I maintain that there had to be "us" before there was "them."
Me: If it makes you feel any better, you are my #1. No competition there! You win!
Devon: I'll take it!
Happy Anniversary, to my #1!
I love you!

5 comments:
Happy 3rd best day to you Annie! You crack me up! I love this picture because it let me see your whole dress and I just loved that dress!!!
Ha! So sweet! Yep, pretty hard to compete with the day where heaven meets earth!
But Devon DOES have a very valid point...
Happy Anniversary!! I hope you two can manage a hot date! Donna? Donna? Donna? (asked in the same tone of Bueller) :)
Happy A day to you! 5 years is a big accomplishment! Hooray!
That sounds soooo Devon!
Devon does have a point, but being a mother (as Devon never can be, thank goodness) I understand your point too. The events are different but equal, how's that?
It has been a very productive five years and I am so glad you married my son, Annie, and love him maybe as much as I do (different but equal?).
Yeah!!! It makes me sooooo happy that you are soooo happy :) Congrats on your 5th anniversary and best wishes for many more years to come!
Post a Comment