Before our vacation, there was much talk about all of the Disney characters that we would get to meet. Devon suggested that we purchase an autograph book for the characters to sign. I wasn't in full support of an autograph book- I mean, what would we do with it? We'd fill it with signatures of fictional characters, and then we'd bring it home, and then what? Would it be kept with the kids books, or put in a box with special memory items, like Lucy's baby hair and Joe's school pictures? Would we ever look at the autographs again?
Well, I came upon the autograph books in a gift shop, and I found that along with a spot for an autograph, each page also has an insert for a photograph. A-ha! It suddenly made perfect sense! An autograph would be accompanied by a photograph, and then the book would be filled with memories, and it would sit with our photo books at home (the ones that haven't been updated since 2006), and if I never get around to compiling our vacation photos into an album, at least I'll have the autograph book completed!
Now I had brought upon myself a great task- to fill the autograph book. Every page needs to be filled to truly complete the book. So, all week I've been on high alert for Disney characters, and also looking for short lines to meet Disney characters (we haven't met Tinkerbell yet, because the line to meet her is a 45 minute wait!). With only 4 empty pages left to fill, I spotted and stalked followed a character, hoping for a photo and an autograph. Joe and Lucy did not even know who this guy was, but I didn't want to be in the picture alone, so I grabbed Lucy. Devon has since made fun of the fact that I devoted a whole page in the autograph book to this character, in a desperate attempt to fill the book.
*as a side note, I'd like to add that the signatures are really cool. Each one is practically a work of art, and my mystery character's is no exception! Here is a hint: his "t" was made to look like a kite!
Some more pictures to share:
8 comments:
Bert from Mary Poppins! Looks like you guys are having a wonderful time. :) Great idea about the photo/autograph book.
I had no idea who that man was-but once I saw Bert it made perfect sense. I was trying to think of the guys name from Bed nobs and broom sticks...Glad that you are having fun. Happy Almost Birthday!
Yes, Rachel! It is Bert! Winner winner!
DANG!
I'm too late, but, wouldn't have won anyway...I was trying to think of some totally inappropriate answer just to be funny, but have resisted to keep the G rating on this Disney trip :o)
Cute picture at the end!
Happy Almost Birthday!!
Annie! I just love all of these disneyland posts!!! My favorite part about your trip is the full commitment to the disney apparel!! I just love it! Especially little lover boy's mickey jammies!!!!
So much fun!
I had no idea who the guy is. But I do love all the Mickey gear everyone has on and Lucy's Alice dress is very special. I especially love the Happily Ever After with Devon and you, your eyes peeking toward camera.
I did think I spied an autograph book you were holding in your last blog post, so that is confirmed.
Happy Almost Birthday!
PS HAPPY BIRTHDAY EARLY!!!!!! I wanted to be the first!!! Love you!
Good golly, could you people look any happier??! :)
LOVE the last pic! You guys are too cute! And what a GREAT daddy for thinking of the autograph book idea!
Post a Comment