August 19, 2010

Me Time!! (continued)

So, I had approximately 4 hours to fill- 4 hours of listening to the music that I choose, 4 hours of not answering questions like, "Mom, why do mosquito bites itch?" or "Mom, what is your record for the most green lights you've driven through in a row? " or "Mom, is short-term memory loss real? Do you know anyone who has it?"  4 hours of only fastening my own seat belt...

Anyway, I headed to Bellevue Square Mall, where I happily and unnecessarily told the young guy who was greeting at American Eagle, "No, I am not looking for anything specific- I am just looking around because I don't have my kids with me today."  He said, "Oh. Cool."  Then I was shocked- SHOCKED!- to see overalls at American Eagle!!!  I finally donated my denim overalls to Goodwill, like, 2 months ago!  I had given up that the shapeless yet wonderfully comfortable fad would ever return to the forefront of fashion, yet there they were!  They are back!

I walked into a jewelry store and kindly asked to have my wedding rings cleaned.  I'm sure that it is disappointing when a customer asks to have rings cleaned rather than inquire about diamonds, so I always ask with my best manners :)

I perused the Gap, and these shoes caught my eye.  Pink ballet flats!  I think they are cuter in person.

At GapKids I bought Max his very first pair of brand new shoes!  I'd like to take this opportunity to again thank my generous friends for the hand-me-downs that Max has received!

At Gymboree, everything is 30% off until Sunday.  But I didn't buy anything.  But I'll admit that I was tempted to buy matching pajamas for the whole family.  For some reason they have these in adult sizes too!  Tempting, right!?  The bones are glow-in-the-dark!


I enjoyed eating lunch all by myself, and then I was craving a special cookie- a shortbread cookie topped with a thick, pink icing!  Uncle Seth's Cookies are scrumptious, and they make me think of my little brother Seth, who is an uncle to my munchkins.  After I ate the whole cookie, I looked at the wrapper to see where these tasty treats are made (Kent, WA) because maybe someday I can order some to be shipped to Seth ($40/2 dozen), and I accidentally saw the calorie content!!!  200 calories per serving, and one cookie is 2 servings!  Never look at the nutritional facts!  Never!

I was going to try to find a new bathing suit at Macy's (because all of their suits are now $14.99), but after the cookie, I changed my mind!  At Macy's, I saw a promotional sign that said something about meeting Madonna, and I smiled to myself as I remembered that Joe recently asked, "Who is Madonna?  A singer?"

I walked through Williams Sonoma and thought to myself I wish that I was interested in all of this cool stuff!  Maybe it is time to embrace the kitchen.

I didn't want to walk through any more clothing stores.  I was feeling very out of touch with current fashion!  If only I'd held on to those overalls...

And then I missed my kids.

I drove back to Issaquah.  I was 15 minutes early for our set pick-up time, so I stopped to vacuum my car :)

And there you have it!

5 comments:

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

You had me hanging on every word! Thank you for the play by play. Overalls???? Are you kidding???? That is so funny! Uncle Seth's cookies look divine! Those are my favorite kind!!! You cracked me up as usual. Sounds lie a very successful trip for our Mama Rantz!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

like not lie! :)

Wilson Girlzz said...

I kind of wish I could have seen that guy at AE when you told him your line...tee heee heee!! :o)

I'm glad you enjoyed your 4 hours, and your cookie. I love the brand name!

Miss you!

comfy cozy said...

So funny because, and I kidd you not, the other day I was looking online for overalls because for Halloween I am going to be a farmer and Han is going to be my little cow...and I saw them on AE too!!! I, for one, wouldn't balk if that fad came back in. Shapeless? Yes! Comfy? Yes! Not sure I'm willing to spend $60 on a costume though! And my sister-in-laws got rid of theirs too! :(


Anyways, sounds like a good 4 hours spent, and I couldn't agree more...I NEVER look at nutritional value!!!!! In my humble opinion, you only live once, right?!

andrea perry said...

Such a fabulous day! Glad that you got a break :)

Olivia is totally sleeping in those skeleton jammies tonight! FYI - I got them at Carter's for like $8... pretty irresistable! And yes, I want some for myself, too :)