October 9, 2008

Some Love for Elisabeth



I love The View. I watch it everyday, and as the Hot Topics sessions get more and more intense as Election Day approaches, I often find myself biting my nails and yelling at my tv screen for Elisabeth to not be so combative about her conservative views-- I think I feel this way because I share most of her views, and I totally avoid confrontation, so when Whoopi, Joy, Sheri and Barbara are attacking Elisabeth, I feel like they are attacking me too! Not to mention, Elisabeth is the only non-comedian on the panel (except for Barbara, but she is only there half the time), so it is easy for the others to make a joke and turn the topic and make Elisabeth look dumb, or else Elisabeth will try to make a joke and make herself look dumb because, lets be honest, she is no Whoopi Goldberg!

Getting to my point, I have just this week developed a new appreciation for Elisabeth and her roll on the show. First of all, if she wasn't there, only the liberal opinions would be voiced, making the show COMPLETELY biased. She alone represents the politics of Republicans, leaving the Democrats to the other 4 hosts, which means that she carries a lot of pressure! Why don't they make it more even? I think that Sheri is supposed to be another conservative voice, but not lately. Second, she never backs down, even when everyone is rolling their eyes and yelling at her (she rolls her eyes too-- she can dish it), and third, I saw on MSN that Elisabeth was one of the top web-searches this week. What does this mean? I think it means that she is drawing attention, though I'm not sure what kind of attention. Nonetheless, that is what makes ratings, right? So, now that I see how important she is, whether she gets picked on or not, I can watch and not feel nervous or embarrassed for her.

Phew.

I'm sorry that this is the kind of stuff that I think about all day, but Lucy doesn't provide a lot of conversation... so I make friends with the ladies on tv.
Oh, plus, I love Elisabeth because sometimes she reminds me of Allison.

2 comments:

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Well said Annie! If only Elisabeth read our blogs. She would be so encouraged!

Wilson Girlzz said...

ARNIE...I'm a reader now!

I fully share your love for Elisabeth! She's a brave woman to sit there and defend her conservative views. I would crumble!

I love your pictures - they are fabulous. They make me miss you and the fam so much.

So, I signed up to be a blogger to...my little heart is pounding already...do I have anything interesting enough to write about? YIKES!

I look forward to reading more!

P.S...HI LISA!!