October 10, 2008

One of Those Days

Today is one of those days when I feel like such a loser!

First of all, Lucy and I went to Stroller Strides this morning, and it was freezing (well, it was in the 50's), and I ran a ton, and I was in the back of the group, and at one point I stayed with all of the strollers while the other moms ran up and down a hill 5 times, and this little boy asked me why I wasn't running, and I told him that I wasn't running because I was tired, and he said that his mom wasn't tired, and then the intructor told him that I am a special-needs-mommy!!!! A Special Needs Mommy!! I am sure that special needs=pregnant, but nonetheless, I am not sure if I have ever been classified as such. Hmmm...

And then Lucy and I went to my friend Laura's house for a Bible study. We meet every Friday, but usually I am the only one who attends-- just me and Laura, Lucy and Laura's son Andrew. Well, today there were 5 moms total, and 6 kids, so we were asked to introduce ourselves and our kids and say something about ourselves, something interesting, you know? "I am Annie, Lucy will be 2 in January, Joe is 10, New Baby is the size of a fig, and, um, I love Justin Timberlake." What? That was the best that I could come up with? What the heck is wrong with me? I am seriously drawing a blank--I cannot think of anything interesting. I don't have any talents-- I don't knit, or scrapbook, or play a sport. I am a Cookie Lee dropout. I do know a lot about mattresses. I have 47 stars on my Ebay Feedback. I know all of the Backyardigans songs. Am I not an interesting person??? Is my love for Justin really a defining characteristic?

On a brighter note, when I got the mail today I found a new Pottery Barn catalog, an US Weekly mag, and an O mag. Interesting people read O, right?

I cannot find an appropriate picture for this blog, fortunately!

2 comments:

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

First of all you are not a loser! Pretty impressive day if you ask me. When I was pregnant the only excercise I did was lifting the grilled cheese (with spicy tartar sauce maybe??) to my mouth!

Remember Justin Timberlake brings people together!

This blog is exactly why I wanted you to start one. YOU ARE SO FUNNY!!!

Find out if you can get a plackard for your car!!!

Wilson Girlzz said...

I agree with Lisa...you are SO NOT a loser!
The Special Needs Mommy is one of the funniest things I have read in a long, long time. It has to mean you are pregers!

I love Justin Timberlake too - and you!