Devon, Joe, Lucy and I went to Jubliee Farm today-- our first family pumpkin patch outing. It was a beautiful day, but the temp was in the 40s. Brrrr!
The highlight of the entire event was when Lucy rode a pony. Lucy has been obsessed with horses lately. Joseph has a set of Civil War action figures that include horses and little guys (would they have been Generals? Soldiers?) that ride the horses, and he has passed these toys down to Lucy, and she plays with them from the time she wakes up until bedtime. Anyway, she rode a pony, and it was adorable. She has been talking about it ever since, but in her limited vocab, what she says is, "Ucy horsie back, Ucy horsie back." This translates, "Lucy rode on a horse's back."
There was a hay-stack maze in a barn, a pumpkin launch, an apple press... and a tractor/hayride to the pumpkin patch to pick pumpkins. Joseph wanted a green pumpkin, and a green pumpkin he found! The rule was that he could only get as big of a pumpkin as he could carry, but truth be told, I carried his pumpkin to the car and he carried Lucy's. Devon carried Lucy, which was definitely the short end of the stick!
Lucy and I went grocery shopping tonight, and on the way there, she suggested we get ice cream! I promise, this was her idea! I thought it was a great idea, so we made a stop at 31 Flavors and shared a cone. Afterward she said, "Brrr, cold," which made me smile because I've never heard her say that she was cold before. Anyway, Devon, Joe and I are all really enjoying Lucy's ever expanding vobabulary and her expression of thoughts!
Not a bad Saturday!





3 comments:
SOOO Cute!!!! I WUV WUCY!!!!
What a great family outing - love the matching wraps you and Lucy are rockin'.
Is she your daughter? She's on a barnyard animal with a smile!
I know, my girl loves animals! I totally can't relate!
Post a Comment