I have decided to go public with the messiest part of my house-- my closet. The mess is shocking, I know.I am not even going to try to put any blame on Devon. This is all my fault. My poor hubby will occasionally suggest, "We really need to clean up in here," and by "we" he means me.
So, here it is. I don't think that this picture truly captures just how big the mess is, but get a good look--I see loose cds on the floor, hats, dresses that Lucy has outgrown, some leftovers from my ebay store which operated out of this closet, and check out the pile of clothes that have been thrown up on the top shelf! I could use some cheerleading, because I'm going in! Consider this the "before" picture.
Here is my question-- can any of you compete with this mess? If so, please share! Sharing is liberating, right?
Now, you are probably asking, "Annie, how does a pregnant woman like you take on such a daunting task?" Well, I am so glad that you asked, because I am pleased to announce that as of today, I am in my second trimester, and just as I'd hoped, I magically feel like a new woman. My energy is back, and the icky feeling has passed. Yeah!
Time to get to work on the closet!
9 comments:
Gasp...no.
Smile...yes.
Am I looking into my closet? Seriously! A few weeks ago, mine too was in similar shambles. I finally hit the carpet and shelves and cleaned. And dontated - seriously, nearly 1/2 of my wardrobe.
You can flaunt your AWESOMENESS all over the house when you get it cleaned up. It will feel wonderful!
I'm happy to hear your 2nd trimester is starting out well.
GO MAMA! GO - GO - GO MAMA!
Annie! You're awesome! I have a similar problem right now that has grown since the baby was born but is nicely hidden in the armoire but you have given me the courage to share!
Yay for the second trimester! What fruit is new baby???
I must add that I am giddy with excitement for the reveal of the finished product!
OH CLOSETS! One year for a surprise Erich built us a costom closet organizer in our closet (he can be handy but it only surfaces every 5 years or so). Which is funy because he is the reason our closet to this day remains a mess (well half the time) I color code in an attempt to make it easy to maintain (thanks retail). but it hasn't worked. Every few months I have a little freakout and huff and puff as I try to reorganize it again...and again....I think closets are just ment to be secret messy places or at least they always end up that way. Heres to Organzing. Good luck to you my fellow messy closet sister.
I love the share, Annie! Confessions are liberating...my confession would be that my closet is totally organized but it looks like I am a hoarder. I usually am good with periodically giving things away but with all the talk on the economy, I guess I figure that someday I may be needing to sell them on a street corner somewhere!
Thanks for all of the support, Ladies! The closet has been transformed, and I'll post a picture ASAP.
Sadina, I think I need to see a picture of your closet! Lisa sold you out and said that it looks like a department store. I need a visual!
SUGGESTIONS : give all too small and unwanted clothes to your beloved little sister when you come into town on saterday... that will get rid of some of the mess :)
thanks molly! How about you can go through my clothes yourself when you are here in November. You can sort, and I'll kick my feet up and eat ice cream.
Annie...how's the closet coming?
Did you pack a bag of goodies for Molly?
Do you have room for some preggy clothes?
Your readers need pictures!
Post a Comment