So here is an update:
The weather has been amazing! I was even inspired to take a picture from the top of our hill. You can see Seattle in the distance on the left and Bellevue on the right.

On Saturday morning Devon and the kids carved pumpkins-- well, Devon carved Lucy's, Joe carved his own, and Lucy supervised. They did a great job and Devon earned some major daddy points.



Okay, truth be told, the closet was only picked-up, not organized or thoroughly cleaned out. I could use to sort and donate and make room for my box of maternity clothes to be brought out of storage. But doesn't it look better??!!
That afternoon the kids and I boarded a flight for Sacramento. Devon was supposed to travel with us, hang out for the weekend, and then spend the week in Reno at a work retreat, but his company cancelled the retreat. I'd already paid for non-refundable flights for me and Joe, so we couldn't really cancel, so we left Dev and home alone for 6 days, and I miss him already!
The flight was planned around Lucy's nap time so that she would sleep and I could read my US Weekly... wishful thinking. Not only was Lucy awake the entire time, but she sang loudly for most of the flight, and Joe spilled his entire complimentary beverage on my left foot.
At the risk of embarrassing Molly (who am I kidding? She'll love this!), she is the best sister in the whole world. She gave me a facial--like a pro!--and then painted my toe nails. I loved the pampering-- thanks Molly!

Yesterday my mom and I took the kids to an event called Trunk or Treat. They dressed up in their costumes, but I just couldn't bear to put Lucy's fleece pants on since it was 85 degrees! Her kitty coat was warm enough! They trick or treated out of decorated trunks and scored lots of candy. Molly sang with the church band at the event, and her solo song was "I Love Rock & Roll." She was great! And she makes a cute pirate girl!







6 comments:
What a great update and I love all the new pictures.
Devon wins major points for carving pumpkins. Q has been trying to convince me that the new 'trend' in pumpkins is to use Mr. Potato Head body parts. I'm not that dumb...hello...you can't see them in the dark!
You really don't look preggers at all. I realize you are bending at the waist, but your face is still super thin and again, I'm impressed by your arms!
The costumes are great - Joe looks super funny! Wait, I mean, super strong and brave!
I hope you have a great time with your family - be sure to give them all hugs for me.
OMG - I nearly forgot to comment on the closet! It's beautiful! I'm so proud. Even if it isn't sorted, it's freshly folded and it looks marvelous! Nice work :o)
Thanks Andrea! I owe my newlyfound arm muscles to Stroller Strides! I'll have to post a new belly picture, because, as Devon says, I've "popped"!
I was buying into the Mr. Potato Head idea too, but you make a good argument about not seeing them in the dark. Target even sells Mr. P pumpkin kits. But then you lose the tradition of the carving event... that is what memories are made of, right??
I'll tell Joe that you think he looks strong and brave as a gladiator (he was really excited about the drawn-on facial hair), and I'll give hugs to all.
I love it all! I love the pumpkins and the kiddos! The laugh (hysterically I might add) out loud moment for me was Joe's beverage mishap! Yay for you being here in California, boo that the girls and I couldn't join you at Trunk or Treat! Molly looks amazing as usual and yes what a good sister. I must add that Weswie does not look like anybody's granny! Can I buy into that gene pool? Which brings me back to your arms as Andrea pointed out. They are ridiculous and it is the final motivation that I need to get my boot to stroller strides. OK so my comment turned into a mini blog! OOPS!
I love the closet I literally felt a sympathetic relief for you if that makes any sense. The reason I am lagging on the blogging is because mine is underway! I promise to share soon! I am the luckiest blogger of all because I actually get to give new baby a rub sometime this week.
One more thing.....as if my preceeding comment was not long enough......LOVE LOVE LOVE the view photo! I must come see in person! Maybe I can bring some of your weather back here since Cali doesn't know it's almost November!
Also I know that we are not supposed to be looking deep into the background in these photos, but I just happened to notice your bulletin board and Lucy's kitchen and I thought that I would add that I think your house and family are so adorable!
Hey Annie-
Props to you for being able to get a costume on Lucy! She looks so cute. Reese wasn't compliant with the big furry ones (we went through 3) so I settled on a cowboy. Let me know if you have any free time while you are here. I would love to see you and meet your family.
Wow! You have been busy! I second what all the ladies said, especially the part that you do look amazing. Pregnant? Are you sure? And I love the pic of your beautiful town. Your readers want just a few more of those! I love the pics of the kiddies, too, but I think that goes without saying!
Post a Comment