November 3, 2011

A Blog Housekeeping Post

You know how people sometimes either begin or end meetings with a list of "housekeeping" notes?  Like, announcements and stuff?  Well, these are my blog "housekeeping" notes.  Meeting is in session.

1.  I did it!  I blogged every other day for the month of October!  It was a small personal challenge, and I am glad that I saw it through, though I'm not sure what I gained from it.
2.  I found a new blog that I really like called Mama Kat's Losin' It.   Mama Kat is very funny and clever, but what I especially like about her blog is that she posts writing prompts.  The prompts are silly, serious, creative, or informative, and I plan to start using them when I have writer's block.  If you are a blogger who often wonders What should I blog about? maybe you will enjoy these prompts too!
3.  Ok, I've run out of blog housekeeping notes, so now I'm going to try one of the aforementioned writing prompts:  Write about the last item you looked for. Why did you need it?

This morning Devon could not find his car key.  He had to run out on an errand, and he wanted to take his car rather than the minivan because it was super cold outside and his car has heated seats.  So he looked high and low, from room to room, questioning Lucy and Max, and then high and low again, all while I sat with my coffee, absorbed into the Internet, reading about Kim Kardashian's divorce, which is strange because I don't really care about Kim Kardashian or her divorce but am nonetheless curious about how a high profile marriage fails after only 72 days.  I didn't offer Devon any help in looking for the keys, though I was the last person to drive the car, until he said, "Well, the driver's side door is unlocked, but the key isn't in the car."  That is when he got my attention.  See, ever since my purse was stolen, I've had these small panic attacks surrounding an idea of being robbed, or watched, or somehow victimized.  Just two days ago, I thought I'd lost my wedding ring at Trader Joe's, and nearly the whole staff was walking the grocery aisles looking for the ring while I looked at the faces of the other customers wondering Do you have it?  Do you have it?  I don't like the feeling of being suspicious of other people, and I'm hoping it will fade away, but for now there is a sense of fear and distrust.  Those poor innocent folks at Trader Joe's- my ring was found safe at home.  And as for Devon's key, no one had broken into our house, stolen the key, and spent the night in his car.  No one had trespassed or rummaged through our personal belongings.  I found the key an hour later, after frantic searching, long after Devon had settled for driving the minivan.  It was under the sofa along with a Lighting McQueen car. It isn't too tough to figure out who put the key under the sofa, is it?
 
This meeting is adjourned!

6 comments:

Wilson Girlzz said...

Maximums!!!

I just want you to know, if I have never formally told you, how much I appreciate your blog and all the time you put into it.

As one of your biggest (possibly THE biggest) fans, THANK YOU! I LOVE YOU!!

p.s. "aforementioned" - nice vocab Mama Rantz!

Annie said...

Awe, thanks Andrea! That means a lot of me!!! Love you!

Layne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Just Me said...

Love this one. I too am a fan. I agree, you do a great job with your blog. I do hope you keep it up.

Leslie said...

Me too! And I happen to think that I am your biggest fan!! As horrible as it was getting your car broken into, it is kinda nice to know that someone besides me gets traumetized when bad things happen. I do know that the residual stress will eventually go away Glad you found the wedding ring and the key and I think Max is about the cutest little rascal ever! Love you! :)

Lisa Blake said...

Well I am A REALLY BIG FAN!!!!!! :) I LOVED your blogging efforts and I appreciate this so much too! Well said A.

I am going to miss your every other day commitment! BOO!

LOVE YOU!!!!