November 8, 2011

Tuesday's Happenings

This is the face of daylight savings.


This is the face of a boy who skipped his nap and was in bed for the night before 6pm.

*****

Fall has been nice around here.  It is getting colder, but we've seen a good amount of blue sky, and I haven't been throwin' back the bottled Vitamin D as usual.

Today we went to the park.

Lucy wanted to ride her scooter,


and Max wanted to ride his tricycle.
But Max hasn't mastered pedaling.
Or steering.
Or watching where he is going.
So, I used a jump rope to help him along.


It was all going so well until the kids ditched me with the scooter and the tricycle and ran ahead to the playground.


*****

Once upon a time,
in the 1st grade,
when I was six years old,
I made a friend named Amy.
She was a tomboy,
I was a girly-girl,
yet we clicked,
and we've been friends ever since.

Today is her birthday.
Happy Birthday Amy!

*****

Tuesday is Devon's Friday-
he has the next two days off from work,
which is kinda like having a weekend in the middle of the week,
but also like never having a weekend.
It is very confusing and often makes me feel the way that Max feels after daylight savings,
except happier,
because my husband is home.
:)

3 comments:

Wilson Girlzz said...

Good effort on the scooter outing! Please don't tell me that you had to carry each of the scooters home while trying to wrangle Max (but I have a feeling you did)!

The pictures of you and Amy are fun to see - Happy Birthday Amy! Did you catch that you two are on the same sides in each picture? Kinda funny.

Hey, guess what?
I. Love. You!
Happy "weekend!"

Lisa Blake said...

Your Fall looks FALLTASTIC!!!!! :)

Your pictures are so beautiful!!

Happy Friday on a Wednesday to you!

I love your bday shout out to Amy! Made me go down overall memory lane :)! I rode the overall's train as far as it would take me! Those were the days!

Molly Andersson said...

Awww I wanna kiss the face of day light savings!!! Poor wittle guy!! Haha Lucy looks so much like you!! And you totally cracked me up with the jump rope!! Love you and happy birthday to Amy!