November 1, 2011

Halloween Recap

Lucy's school planned a Halloween Hoedown, and Lucy was happy to model her cowgirl ensemble. A diaper-clad Max tried to work himself into the picture, and Lu used her booty to give him the message loud and clear that he needed to mosey on out of her shot!  

All of the kids at Stroller Strides dressed up for class.  Max really gets into character.  I think there is a little superhero in every boy :)


After Stroller Strides, the Barefoot Enrichment class welcomed all the kids in for a story, and then we made parade balloons and we took a little parade walk around the Village Green.  Spiderman was on duty- ready to protect us from crime.

Max and I made it to Lucy's school just in time to see the Hoedown performance.  Lucy's class recited their Bible memory verse, sang some cute songs, and did some dances.  Adorable!  I reckon my heart skipped a beat or two.


After school, Joe had an end-of-the-season softball party, but the kids and I missed it because Max was napping.  When I picked Joe up, I was surprised to find this wee lad!



It was finally time to trick-or-treat!  Joe and his friend Andy set out with pillow cases.  This year marks the very first time that Joe went out without an adult!  Unsupervised 13 year old boys on the loose?  Now that is scary!



Lucy and her friend Molly were very excited!  Molly dressed as a Princess Superhero, and Lucy was supposed to be a Barbie Superhero, but she just couldn't handle wearing layers under or over her costume to keep warm- it totally messed with her style.  So, we went with Plan B and selected a different costume from her closet, one that I was able to hide layers underneath.  So, she is a Barbie Mermaid.  By the way, it was freezing.



And here he is again, walking from house to house with determination!


Devon and Grandma Donna, Bill and Sharon (Andy and Molly's parents)


Everyone had fun, and our house is now well stocked with all of our favorite candies :)

4 comments:

Just Me said...

What fun! I am so in love with Spiderman!
Lucy is so stunning as usual and Joe is still trick or treating...why not?
He is the master of costumes.

Wilson Girlzz said...

So fun!
I laughed out loud when I finally made it to Joe's picture. AWESOME!
What a great costume!!

The kiddos are so cute!
It was feezing here too!
I think next year I am going to set up in our front yard and serve hot coffee and hot chocolate for the parents :o)

BTW - your hair is looking L-O-N-G!

Lisa Blake said...

ADORABLE!!!!!!

Just Me said...

I love your new Thanksgiving banner! You are very creative, Annie!