The Bunk Bed
Want to know why I bought a bunk bed? Well, because Devon broke Lucy's little pink bed two weeks ago. Never mind that there were four of us on the bed at the time- the side bed rail snapped directly under my honey's ample booty. And rather than replace the side rails, I thought it might be a good time to get Max out of a toddler bed. After all, he is a large child, and I just can't get comfy on a crib mattress with him anymore. So, I posted the headboard/footboard on Craigslist, as well as Max's race car toddler bed, and then purchased this here beauty for $50. And it is sturdy enough- I mean, Mr. Ample Booty shouldn't spend much time on it, but I feel good about my construction efforts- and the kids sure love it.
In other news, this small chair might be the next casualty in our house...
I only jest- let it be known that I love me some ample booty!
But while I'm picking on my husband a little bit...
If our lives were in a screen play, here is a scene from tonight:
Joe: (walks into the room where Devon, Annie, Lucy and Max are all sitting on the floor playing) "Hey dad, I made up a card game. Want to play?"
Devon: (looks up from the toys in his hands) "No. I don't really like to play games that people have just made up because it is too easy for the rules to change and stuff. But we can play a card game that already exists, if you want."
Joe: (drops his head down and turns to walk away) "No, I'll just go play the game by myself."
Joe: (drops his head down and turns to walk away) "No, I'll just go play the game by myself."
Annie: (watches Joe walk away) "You are a dream crusher! Just go play his game!"
Devon: (quickly gets up from the floor and follows Joe up the stairs) "Hey Joe, okay, teach me your game."
Lucy: (Max and Lucy run to follow Devon up the stairs) "Wait! We'll play too!"
(end scene)
Devon returned a while later to say, "Alright, I'll admit, it is a pretty fun game." And then they taught Lucy how to play.
And Max doesn't get to play card games, so his role is to be as distracting as possible.
It was a rainy day, and there was definitely some extra energy to be spent by Max, so we ended the night with ice cream cones at McDonald's and some time at the McDonald's play structure/germ pit.
Now it is just me and the Mr. and we are going to watch Survivor. Who else is watching Survivor this season? Who are you cheering for? I really like Dawn and Albert, but our vote goes to Coach. Go Dragon Slayer!!




2 comments:
LOVE the bunk bed? I can't wait to see it! You really had a job to do assembling that thing with no instructions. Looks like they both want the top bunk,LOL.
I am/was a fan of Dawn's. Am still rooting for Ozzie to beat them all, even though he has zero strategy except the OUTLAST part. I am still not really a coach fan. He is a bit to high horsey for me. To tell the truth I am not sure I really care at this point. Note that he now wants to be called Zeus? What is he smoking?
The bunk beds are amazing!!!! I love them!!! I still can't believe you did this!!! Loving the Lucy letters too!!!
Post a Comment