February 11, 2011

Little Brother Goes Big

So, I have this little brother.  His name is Adam, and while he isn't so little anymore, I can't help but think of him like this-


Now he has a beautiful family of his own and looks like this-



Maybe it is time to call him my "younger brother" rather than "little brother".  And he is turning 30 this year, so maybe I can get away with not referencing birth order at all, and who knows- maybe it could be assumed that I am the younger one  :)

Anyway, Adam is someone who is always looking for a Million Dollar Idea, you know, like the Post-It, or Silly Bands, or the Shake Weight- a simple invention that made someone rich.  He has come up with a few good ideas in the past.  I remember something about a cooler that holds a 6-pack.  And there was once an idea about mattress coils... I don't remember the details, but since our family is in the mattress business, it is no surprise that most of his ideas stem from the basic need of comfortable sleeping. 

There have been a few times when Adam has sat with me and Devon and given us a sales pitch on The Next Big Thing followed by, "So, do you want to be an investor?"  Uh, Adam, we's gots no money!

So, long story short, one of Adam's ideas has materialized into a marketable product, and he has been successful in finding an investor, a manufacturer, a marketing plan, a business partner, merchandising, and a fabulous product- Dormform-Straight A Sleep.

This eco-friendly mattress topper is designed for those horribly uncomfortable twin-size dorm beds, and this product has been Adam's brain-child from its inception, and I couldn't be more proud of Adam's determination!
    
Please do this blogger/proud sister a favor and click on the link, this one right here,  and please "like" Dormform on Facebook.  At the top right-hand corner of the homepage, you have the option to "like", as I've circled and pointed to here-
Later this month, Adam and his college bff/business partner will be traveling to Houston to attend Camex (Campus Market Expo) to sell Dormform to college bookstores and military surplus stores.  I'd love for them to make that trip with a big support system, and these days, support comes in the form of Facebook followers, so, please click "like."  Do it for me.  Or, do it for him-



And feel free to spread the word!
THANK YOU, in advance for supporting a great product and a little brother!

8 comments:

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

NO WAY!!!!!! WOW!!!!! BLAKE HOUSE is SUPER IMPRESSED!!!!! We have heard Adam's ideas before and I am so happy to know that he has stuck with it!!! I have a certain husband who is in the market for such an item as he works nights and sleeps on an uncomfortable mat in our master bath! :) No kidding! Don't judge! It's dark, and virtually sound proof, and I don't have to be quiet during the day while he sleeps! It's a win win! But if I could wow him with one of these mats I would be the best wife ever!!! Oh and eco friendly is like pillow talk for me :)))! Ha Ha!

Adorable pictures btw! You are such a good big sis!!!

Wilson Girlzz said...

We love that "litte brother" of yours and certainly support him in his fabulous idea.

I love the pictures too - makes me miss that Special Friend... "Bam Bam Bambulance" :o)
So many happy memories!

Just Me said...

A great idea, and did he patent it yet? I'm sure he must have so no one else will run with HIS idea. I am so glad for him! Sounds like he has a very big customer base with college dorms and the military.
And as someone who believes you make your own luck,

GOOD LUCK, ADAM!

Leslie said...

Must say it does this mama's heart proud to see the big sister love you are sending younger brothers way! I am also really proud of him and wish him all the luck in the world!

Allison said...

I already marked it as a "LIKE" on my facebook page! So exciting! Rob also thought it was a great idea-btw!

Leslie said...

Btw, forgot to say just how cute the picture of you and your little brother is! :)

The Browns said...

WOW!! Way to go, Adam. Such a proud sister:)

I'm not on Facebook, but I will spread the word. Good luck, Adam!

Just Me said...

Re: you calling Adam your "little brother." I have finally stopped calling Devon my Baby Boy. I'm sure he is giving a sigh of relief. "Younger son" works fine.