February 15, 2011

Baby Big Boy & Tiny Baby Boy (Henry!)

Max got a big boy haircut yesterday,
during which he was anything but a big boy,
and it was a fairly traumatic experience for everyone involved-
namely, my eardrums.

But look at the cuteness.
Something about my baby big boy makes me want to sign him up for t-ball.
I want to dress him up in a tiny suit with a clip-on necktie.
I want to pack him a sack lunch and include a note that says, "mommy loves you!"
I want to buy him aviator sunglasses and call him Maverick.
I want him to sell me some magazine subscriptions.
I want to assign him some chores and make him a star-chart.
I want to frost him like a cupcake and nibble on him.
I want to take his scowling little face and cover it with red-lipstick kisses.

I know, my mama-freak-flag is flying high.
This kid sorta' melts me :)

It is so convenient that "boy" rhymes with "joy"-
my songs to Max are endless!

In other BOY and JOY news...

Henry Graham Blake was born on Sunday morning, February 13th.
6 pounds 8 ounces!
Since he arrived three weeks early, he is being cared for in the NICU until he is strong enough for his homecoming.
He is making progress, and Lisa's health is good.
Her episodes have stopped since Henry's birth.
I don't know many more details, except that he has a full head of brown hair :)
I can't wait to feast my eyes on this boy!
I am confident that once they are all home, Lisa's camera will be close at hand!
In the meantime, 
Please keep the Blakes in your thoughts and prayers!

5 comments:

Just Me said...

First, I am so happy to hear Henry made it into the world and Lisa is doing well. She worked hard for that little Valentine gift.

Second, Max's big boy haircut is soooo cute! I love his look with the eyes, too. Such a cutee!!

Wilson Girlzz said...

Oh wow - Max is handsome with his new 'do!

I love how much you love your little man...it makes me want a little man of my own...

The Browns said...

Loving the tough guy "do"!!

Thanks, again, for the update;)

Leslie said...

How cute is that?? Even his little scowl is cute! Love the fauxhawk! Love you! Kiss that little face for me :)

Just Me said...

I have to keep coming back to these pics of Loverboy. He is just so cute in his big boy haircut. I can't wait to see him.