Geesh.
I have nothing to write about. No pictures to share. No stories to tell. Nothing. But if I go any longer without posting a blog, my husband/blog manager will begin to complain and I'll feel blog-abandoner guilt. No one wants that kind of guilt, you know?
So, I'm just going to type and we will see what happens. Joe just got home from school, and he is now playing with Lucy. Max is sleeping. Let me say those sweet words again- Max is sleeping!! Did you know that angels sing while Max sleeps? I can hear them.
UGH! He just woke up! I jinxed it.
Alright, he is sleeping again, but in my arms, which makes it challenging to type. Hunt-and-peck style will have to do.
Anyway, I recently read a great blog that my friend/cousin-in-law Sarah shared on Facebook, and it was so great that I read it twice and wished that I'd written it. It is called "Mother, Nurture Thyself." Click here if you are a mom who likes good reads (how's that for a teaser?). Or, if you are a mom who needs a break from her little people. Or, if you are a mom who needs a pep-talk. Or, if you are a mom who needs a shower but can't find the time.
Kind of related, but not really, is anyone familiar with the blogging trend called "What I Wore Wednesday"? I think that the woman who writes The Pleated Poppy started W.I.W.W., and the intent was to inspire one's self to work a little harder at looking presentable rather than just wearing "house clothes". Bloggers who participate take pictures of themselves each day and post the pics each Wednesday. I hadn't really considered jumping on the What I Wore Wednesday bandwagon until this week; after Stroller Strides on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, I stayed in my exercise clothes all day, never washed my face, never did my hair, never applied make-up... I wasn't a pretty sight (and I think it is safe to say that I didn't smell pretty either!). This lack-of-pretty happens more often than not, and because I am a stay-at-home mom, it is so easy to ignore my appearance because, lets face it, I'm not going anywhere and no one "important" is going to see me! Which brings up the question are my kids and husband important enough for me to try to look nice each day? Of course they are. Plus, I feel better overall when my own reflection doesn't frighten me! So, there you go- W.I.W.W. has inspired me to try harder with my daily appearance, though don't expect daily photos!
You know what else inspires me? I can't think of anything right now- but wasn't that a nice transition??
Last night I took Lucy on a date to- get this- the library. She had been asking for days "Please can we to to the library?" but taking Max to the library is, like, the worst idea ever. Last time we were there, he began the visit in the stroller, of course, but his cries for freedom were disturbing the peace, so I foolishly released him. He pulled books off the shelves at random, and ran all over, and made loud noises, and tried escaping out the front door. Chasing him meant that I was leaving Lucy unattended, and the librarian was giving me the stink-eye. Lesson learned. I promised Lucy that we would go as soon as daddy was home to stay with Max. The prospect of an outing without Bubs was really the icing on the cake for my girl, and daddy just couldn't get home soon enough. Joe asked if he could tag along, and Lucy said okay, "But NOT Max!"
Now, if you spend a lot of time with Lucy, you will notice that she talks a lot. I've written about her Chatty Cathy tendencies. It just doesn't stop- ever. She talks and talks and talks. No periods, no pauses, no VOLUME CONTROL. I hadn't noticed during our previous trips to the library, and perhaps this was because I was preoccupied with Max, but last night, Joseph and I were mortified at how loud and how constant Lucy's voice was. We were getting looks from everyone, and though we tried asking her to be quieter, or whisper, or play the quiet game, or take a little break from talking... it just wasn't going to happen. It was equally embarrassing and sweet. Embarrassing because Yup, we are with the loud girl. And sweet because, I don't know, because she is who she is, and she is a loud talker, and she doesn't like to not talk. She isn't capable of not talking. Even in the public library (of all places!). So, we checked out 17 books ("Mom! Can we buy this one? Yes! How about this one? Yes! Just one more, please? Yes!" It is kind of like a shopping spree) and left the fellow book lovers in quiet. Again, lesson learned.
Okay, I'm going to sign off with this video of Max. My dad will appreciate this.

9 comments:
OH MY GOSH!! You have your hands full with that little guy...now I'm picturing Logann trying that same trick:(. I better not show her the video. Oh, the things I have to look forward to!!
Lucy sounds just like her auntie Molly :) I have been told several times that i have no volume control!! and max getting into the fridge is hilarious!! Love and miss you all :)
He is a monkey, seriously a monkey!! and Molly is quite correct! She is loud and no amount of shooshing helped! So I have no advice for that one, but i love you, Dev and all your little people/animals! :)
Yes, I am familiar with not getting out of house clothes. I see NO ONE for days (can't count passing acquaintances in the hallway). But I do feel better when I get "dressed" and sometimes invent places to go: the bank, the library, the grocery store....to inspire getting dressed, putting makeup on, looking and feeling better.
I was waiting in the Max video to see if he would close the fridge doors to redeem himself. Nope. I am very familiar with this little monkey and his frenetic behavior. Just like his dad. Oh yeah! And sweet enough to munch.
For not having anything to say, that was one of your longer blogs :-)
And I love Lucy and her non-stop talking, except when trying to get her to sleep. It is who she is and WE LOVE LUCY!
Oh yes we do! :)
For having nothing to write about, that was pretty darn good!
Your library story is sweet and funny and makes me smile.
17 books?!
That's a heck of a lot of reading!
W.I.W.W. is a good motivator - if I took pictures of myself everyday, I'd probably thin out my wardrobe (ane my rear end) in a hurry! Can I request pictures please? :o)
I wish I had time for a marathon comment!!! LOve this post and love you!
Annie - I LOVE your blog. It is so crazy how alike our kiddos are. Avery NEVER stops talking and I cannot take Blake anywhere. Ever. We took the kids to Applebees a few weeks ago, just to TRY eating out again. Blake ended up in the KITCHEN of Applebees with me running like a mad woman trying to catch him. Those boys, they are CRAZY. And I can soooo see Blake trying to open the fridge that way. I love it! Crazy is good. I miss you!
Post a Comment