February 10, 2011

Just in Time

No, that doesn't read "Justin time," although, it is always a good time for some Justin!
(I couldn't resist)
I am referring to the sunshine- it came to visit yesterday, and it was just in time.
I was this close to going back to bed and telling everyone to GO AWAY!
I was this close to declaring this place sucks!
I was nearing the conclusion that maybe I'm not cut out for being a mom.
I was sad and missing the life that allowed me to travel and sit in the sun and go anywhere in public without chasing Max and arguing with Lucy and negotiating with Joe and constantly barking No! No! No! No! like a dodo bird.
I felt hopeless and I worried that I'll forever experience panic attacks every time that I have to sit down and pay bills.
But then the sun was shining and I felt better.  We went to the park, despite the thermometer reading 34 degrees.


Lucy and Max were so happy, and I felt happy too.  See?

(nope- I didn't bring a coat.  I was freezing!)

Have I mentioned that I have some pretty rad friends?  Yes, I just said "rad."
A couple of nights ago, while Devon was out of town, Katie had us over for dinner, and she even spiked my Diet Pepsi :)  Sometimes mamas need to visit with people who are taller than a yard stick and can discuss Bachelor Brad's latest rose ceremony, ya'  know? 
And yesterday, during my sunshine-high, I received a Valentine's package from Andrea with the most fabulous sequined bag and mixed cd.  My smile was big, let me tell you, and my face was glittered with the reflection of the sun on the sequins.

From the looks of things from where I am sitting now, I do believe that there is sun again today!  I think that the big bright orb is my drug, and I'm ready for a hit!

5 comments:

Wilson Girlzz said...

Spiked drinks, glitter and sunshine. I like them all too!!

I'm happy you had a chance to feel happy yesterday...I certainly hope it rolls over into today and every day that follows.

BTW - love your pin!!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

I am so happy for you Annie!!! You do have RAD friends!!! And you are beautiful!!!! I love love love your pictures from your day in the sun!!! I am so glad that your drink got spiked and that you got a fabulous valentines gift to boot!!!

Just yesterday we were on our way to the doctor and I told Doug about your "condition"...you know SAD. He was insisting I tell you to start taking vitamin d supplements immediately!! He was like a commercial for them and wanted me to call you right then!!! I told him I was going to have an episode and he said honey you can just text her really quick! SO he is very serious about this :). This morning just as we woke up, he asked if you were going to take some...and I said I hadn't called you yet. I was scolded! :))) SO please for the sake of my marriage and apparently your overall health and wellness, would you pretty please consider some vitamin d supps from TJ's?!

HUGS and LOVES!!!!!

andrea perry said...

Yay for sun! I'm so happy, too ... my self-diagnosed SAD has magically disappeared :).

P.S. I'm glad that I'm not the only one shamelessly watching The Bachelor this season. It's so bad it's actually fabulous!

P.P.S. Costco has the light boxes and I was <<>> to buying one to see if it works!

The Browns said...

Things are turnin' around!!! What a great surprise to get a Valentine in the mail:) Way to go, Andrea.

Allison said...

The picture of the 2 kiddos needs to be framed. It's a good one!