February 21, 2011

A Disney Ambush

Yesterday,
I woke up, got a mug of coffee, and joined the rest of the family on the sofa.
Toy Story 3 was playing on the screen.
I didn't see Toy Story 3 while it was playing in the theatre,
but we purchased the DVD,
so I'd seen most of the movie- piece by piece- just not the end.
I'd heard about the end.
I knew better than to watch the end.
I usually play the DVD for the kids while I busy myself around the house.
I never fully tune in to Woody's latest adventure. 
But there I was yesterday, half-awake, sipping my coffee, and the end of the movie was playing.
I didn't even see it coming!

The landfill, the shredder, evil Lotso escapes and leaves the gang to face their death in the furnace...
Oh, the tears!!
And then, Andy stops at Bonnie's house as he leaves for college, all grown up....


Toy Story 3 is threatening to replace Steel Magnolias as my go-to movie when I need a good cry. 

What is your go-to movie for a sobfest?

10 comments:

Just Me said...

THE COVE. It is a documentary of the unnecessary unreasonable bloody slaughter of dolphins in Japan. I cannot watch it or hear their cries again. I would be in pieces. Especially knowing dolphins are sensient beings.

I really did not realize you had never watched TS3 all the way through. I saw it in the theatre. With 3 grandkids who had seen it I had to be in the loop. And it was a pleasant surprise and the best of all the Toy Story movies I think, sniff sniff.

Allison said...

Donna-you not messing around! I've heard of The Cove, and just seeing ad's for it makes me cry. Back to Toy Story-I totally agree-I sneaks up on you. I love that movie.

Hmmmm. My go to movie that makes me cry would have to be Return to Me. I love that movie!

Wilson Girlzz said...

I'm happy (? maybe not the right word) to hear you cry at animated movies too...I cried at the very same part you described!

Here's what got me most recently, Despicable Me, at the very end when Gru reads his new bedtime story to the girls. Oh man.

If it wasn't that movie...I'm a Beaches kind of girl. Get's me every time.

Jami said...

I freakin cry everytime I watch Lion King and Scar tells Simba that he killed Mufassa (his Dad). The look on Simbas face is horrible! Obviously there are other movies that make me cry but that is my Disney cry-fest movie :)

andrea perry said...

I LOVED Toy Story 3. And I'll admit that I teared up a bit, too!

My go-to bawl my eyes out movie? Beaches. I cry my eyes out every single time! Glad to see I'm not the only one :).

andrea perry said...

Saw your comment about the dot art paint...it seriously rocks, Max & Lucy will love it! My mom found it at Lakeshore Learning (there's one in downtown Bellevue), Amazon also carries it. There's cute coloring books that go with it, too! Great rainy day project!

What's your email? Send it to me - andrea@perrycasa.com :)

melinda said...

I have several:
The Notebook
Step Mom
PS I Love You
Hope Floats
The Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood
Sweet Home Alabama
but the 13 tissue movie is One True Thing.
I am just a big baby and will not let anyone cry alone!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

ANNIE!!!! HI!!! I am here n blog world but now I must go! This infant stuff is no joke :)! I promise to be back in a bit! love u!

Just Me said...

I have to second One True Thing, Melinda. For sure! Anything where the mother is dying or any mother/daughter thing.

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

I am baaack! Oh we haven't seen Toy Story 3! I too can shed a tear at an animated film...Lady and The Tramp and Nemo can get me. :)

I miss you btw!

Okay, so there are many movies that get me...Father of the Bride part 2, Man in the Moon, The Notebook, and this is really embarrassing but Dirty Dancing when Johnny has to leave early even though Baby stood up for him and proved the Shumaker's stole the wallets! :)