February 2, 2011

Big Blank Wall

Remember this big blank wall?
Now it looks like this!
What do you think?
It is a work in progress- I might not be done yet.
My initial plan was to cut butcher paper to represent each frame/map so that I could tape the paper to the wall and play with the spacing and the layout, but that quickly proved to be tedious.  So, I grabbed a hammer and nails and a leveler and started knockin' some holes in this rented wall!  My only rule was to have equal spacing between the frames, and I decided on 3", which coincidentally is the size of a square Post-It note.  I simply stuck Post-Its between frames to measure.  I may need to invest in some type of double-stick tape to help keep the frames in place, or else "straighten frames" will continue to be a daily chore!
My inspiration was from a few magazine clippings like these-
And now it feels like we live where we live. 
"Oh, who lives here?" 
We do!

As a side note, Max woke up this morning with an awesome mohawk that stuck around all day :)


6 comments:

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Annie, I have to be short and sweet which we know is not my commenting style...BUT WOW!!!! If I had one to give, I could seriously shed a tear! You did such a fantastic job!!! I LOVE IT!!!! You must be so happy waking up to it this morning! love you!

Allison said...

Well done! I looks awesome! My favorite thing has to be Max's hair though. LOVE it!

Wilson Girlzz said...

Oh HECK YEAH!
I love your wall!

It makes me want to rearrange my big blank wall...seriously, I'm lovin' everything!!

Molly Andersson said...

I love your wall also!! It looks fantastic!!! I'm sorry I haven't been commenting lately!! And Rashelle and I just gave Aaron a similar haircut to maxy's do :) only much shorter on the top :) you all look so happy to be living there :)

The Browns said...

Looks great...so creative!! What a relief to have that finished;)

Loving Max's mohawk!!

Wilson Girlzz said...

I'm back for more...
I forgot to tell you that I really like how you framed your 'keep calm and carry on' - it looks perfect!