So much to be thankful for!
Devon suggested- he campaigned, really- that I be thankful for him today, and I thought it was a great idea. "I've been a superstar," were his exact words, and it is very true. Devon changes diapers without being asked, makes me Top Ramen upon request, plays on the floor with the kids, tries to keep them quiet while my patience is low, works hard to bring home 'da bacon, and is overall a pretty cool dude to hang out with after all the little people are in bed.
I am thankful for my husband :)
I thought I'd check in with The Man of the Hour in my very first Mama Rantz & Co. interview. I've typed out some questions for Devon, and I will now pass the laptop to him-
me: Hey Devon, how are you doing? Did you have a nice day?
Dev: Hi, I'm feeling a little sick, but I did have a great day.
me: Are you looking forward to celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow?
Dev: Yes, I cannot wait. I'm going to spend the day with my sister Merry, brother-in-law Dave, my mom, and my Rantz fam. Oh, and I am going to watch football!
me: What are you especially thankful for this year?
Dev: I'm especially thankful for my family and my job. In this economy, and with such a high unemployment rate, I know that I'm blessed to not only have a job, but also to have a job that I love.
me: Is there any possible chance that you'd be willing to shave your mustache before December 1st? It isn't my favorite look on you, but I love you, Honey :)
Dev: No, because it is for a good cause. My mustache is a show of solidarity against cancers that specifically affect men. I know it is an ugly 'stache.
me: What is your favorite color?
Dev: Green.
me: What is your favorite song?
Dev: Right now or of all time? That is a big question. It is hard to choose just one. If I'm in an aggressive mood, it might be "No Remorse" by Metallica. If I'm feeling laid back, I like "Better Together" by Jack Johnson. If I'm feeling funky, I might jam some "Musicology" by Prince. My all time favorite band is The Cult.
me: Who is your favorite wife? (giggle giggle)
Dev: That is a no-brainer. Annie Marie Rantz.
me: Why don't you ever leave comments on my blog?
Dev: Um, because I am a horrible speller. No, I just like to anonymously take pleasure in them. Plus, it kinda seems like a girls' club.
me: If you were to say, "Oh, he/she gets that traits/skill/habit/quirk from me" about our kids, to what would you be referring?
Dev: Rebellion- they all get that from me.
me: Thanks for letting me interview you on my blog, and thank you for working so hard, for loving me, Joe, Lucy, and Max so much, and for always taking out the trash. Today and everyday, I am thankful for you!
Dev: You are welcome.
We left the house today- we killed some time at Ikea while Devon worked at his office for a couple of hours. The roads were so icy, and Seattle-folk don't care much for icy roads, but I really needed to get out of the house. At Ikea, we returned rejected rug #6, and Lucy asked, "Mom, why do we have to shop for rugs everyday?" First of all, Lucy, WHATEVER!! And second, this is a return- our last return- and then we are done with rugs for now, and possibly for forever.
Later, we picked up Joe and a couple of extra kiddos and went to see the new Disney movie Tangled. Lucy has been waiting months to see the story of Rapunzel! Fantastic movie- super funny, and we all loved it, and Max even sat still for most of it, though he didn't always keep his 3D glasses on.
Today I received a special package in the mail :) Something else to be thankful for!! I now have a pan to use to make a certain flour-less chocolate cake, and I also have a hand-made Christmas banner (I'll show it off after we decorate for Christmas), and books to read, and cute hand-made thank you cards. Thank you, Lisa!!





4 comments:
Ok, I had to get on my laptop and see what the new blog was since Devon told me it was in the making. I love the movie group picks. Wish I coulda been in there.
Devon, when is Dec 1? Is it soon? Love you, son.
Love the interview, glad to have a male member ;-) check in. I woulda never guessed your favorite band is the Cult since you have every CD they ever put out. It was a stretch. I miss you all and can't wait to see you all tomorrow.
Wasn't that Max's first movie? And he did well.
Hey, I just love the pic of Devon and Lucy. Sooo cute.
GOBBLE GOBBLE!!! Stella the bird is in the oven, the cinnamon rolls have been eaten, this is a pre-parade comment comin' atcha! :)
I see Max made it to the movie after all! I love that you took the whole crew! Super festive!
I am not sure who is funnier, Devon or the interviewer! I loved all of the questions and the responses!
Be careful tonight if everyone shares what they are thankful for, your kids might say that Mommy is done with the rugs! :) I can joke about this because I do the same thing you did with the rugs all the time!!!
I am glad you liked your package! I can't wait to see your cake :) and your banner strung across that mantle!
Have the best Tday at Aunt Mary's!!! GOBBLE GOBBLE OUT!
Funny stuff, you interview-er you!
Devon...nice participation! You are funny too!!
Your care package sounds fab too!
Miss you tons o tons!
Post a Comment