November 9, 2010

Feeding the Beast!

Oh-My-Gosh!  I am online!!

We have been in the rental home for 5 days, and I have just now set up our Internet service, and, let me tell ya', it feels great to be back online!  I have missed blogging, and reading blogs, and reading the news, and paying bills (well, I haven't really missed paying bills).  Last night I expressed to Devon that I was having withdrawals from the Internet- "I feel so disconnected!  There is a beast within me, longing to surf the web- and I need to feed that beast!"

Anyway, enough with my evidently unhealthy relationship with the world wide web.

We are here, in our "new" home, and we love it!  Joe put it best: "This is my happy place.  I love the space, I love the light from the windows, I love the color of the wall paint..."  (Okay, I added the part about the paint).  Nonetheless, this is a happy place for us, and it is a little scary to be so happy with a rental home- a home that could "break-up" with us before we are ready to move on. But, we are livin' on the edge, folks, taking chances with love and loss.  We are in love with this house.

I've been busy making the house a home, all while never taking my eyes off of Max, because, you know, he is a Curious George of sorts and nothing here is baby-proofed.  He has already figured out how to stop the washer and dryer, start the dishwasher, start the bathwater, unlock and open the door to the garage (he closed himself into the garage yesterday, and I let him panic a bit once he realized that he was in there alone.  "Mama!  Mama!").  He can pull all of the food out of the pantry, reach all buttons on all of our electrical devices....  the list goes on.  He is napping now, so I should probably keep working.

The beast is happy :)


9 comments:

Wilson Girlzz said...

AGRRRRRAHHRAAGGGRRRAAA!
(that's my beast-lingo)

Your picture at the end is super funny!

I love you and am SOOOO happy that you are doing well in your new H-O-M-E!

Molly Andersson said...

I cant wait to come and see your new home!! i say this because when i toured it.. it was just a house.. an empty house! it sounds like a home now and i cant wait to visit!! I am also excited that there will be 2 rooms with couches.. because when devon gets up with the kids i can just move to which ever room they arent in :) anyways.. max is sort of a genious lets just hope he uses his powers for good someday :) and the picture at the end cracked me up! love you!

Katie said...

I can't wait to visit and see it full! I know you're busy with company, so I haven't stopped by, but I will if you want me to. Yeah to your new house! Oh, and I told Cynth that we needed to have a girls night in your BIG BATHTUB! Swim suit of course!

Molly Andersson said...

I want to come to the swim suit party!!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

YOUR'E BAAAACK!!!! I missed you!!!! So glad the beast is being fed!!! You were sorely missed!!!! I can't wait to see more pics of your new digs! It is especially awesome that you love it even more than your old house!! Hopefully it won't try to DTR with you any time soon :)))!! You know, redefine the relationship!

Keep the posts comin' and your picture is hilarious! I was really a believer. i thought, is this their church, why is Annie on the overhead??? I am such a sucker!

Leslie said...

I LOVE your new house, I really, really do! But did you really say you are tired of yellow walls??? Hahaha...enjoy your big bathtub and two living spaces and the big washer and dryer and the beautiful fireplace and all the extra room, but never ever ever take your eyes off Max. :)

Leslie said...

Oh...and that picture was super funny!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

PS I for one am a huge fan of yellow walls! I really really am! Embrace it!

Just Me said...

I am sooo glad you are back blogging. I did so miss you. Looks like I missed you yesterday. I was sure I was checking every day. Anyway, super funny pic of you on screen at the end. I can't wait to see your new home with you all in it!