November 2, 2010

A Little Bit Sad

"Mom, I'm sad,"  Lucy said, only half-awake as I carried her into the house from the car.
"Why are you sad?"  I asked, expecting her to say that she was sad because my mom and Molly flew back home to California, or because she didn't want Halloween to be over.
"I'm sad because Maxy's curls are gone."
"Oh, Honey, I'm a little bit sad too."

 

8 comments:

Molly Andersson said...

He looks so handsome!! and that was the most difficult haircut ive ever done :) love the blog!! totally made me smile and laugh!! Im gunna miss his cirls a little bit also but i think he is totally rockin his new look and youdid really well while i cut it also! ) love you!

Leslie said...

Sooooooooooo funny! Good job telling that sad story! I voted for the haircut, but I will admit Max was a bit confused :)

Jacqui Lott said...

Oooh! I love the commentary of the whole experience. So fun. Molly has a new genre of clients for her resume! :) So cute that Lucy got attached to the curls too. What a sweetie!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

HA! I loved this post!!! So glad we got the play by play!! Molly has tons of skills for sure! Oh he is so sweet with or without the curls!!! I love how Lucy is sad...so sweet. I really thought you were going to say it was because Molly and your Mom left.

Super cute! I bet his neck is extra kissable! Now I just need that Molly over here!

Wilson Girlzz said...

I think it's all super cute and the second to last picture is my favorite...nice pouty face!

Max is adorable no matter what, and you know, hair grows back thicker and fuller...so maybe if the locks of lover-boy reappear, they'll be even better!

Nice work Auntie Molly!

comfy cozy said...

Oh, I'm happy to see that haircuts are a big deal in other homes! It always feels so emotional for some reason, I guess because it IS a part of them!

Anyways, I guess the poll/people spoke, huh?

P.S. Max would be cute even with a full-on mullet, so you really can't go wrong either way! :)

Just Me said...

Great graphic story telling!

He looks very cute. I can't wait to see the new "do" in person. His locks were extra long when I saw him on Halloween so I was thinking of changing my vote but glad it wasn't my decision. He is soooo sweeet and is our loverboy still.

Allison said...

You seemed to do so well during the haircut! Well done. I cried during E's first cut. They get so big, so fast!