Alright, it was kind of nice to be sick yesterday, but today, being sick is miserable. Time to get better- I've got stuff to do!
This morning, feeling like death, and perhaps being a tad dramatic about my ailments, I positioned myself on the couch so that I could look out the window and see the snow falling. I was thinking of what I am thankful for today. Nurse Devon? Apple cider? My bathtub? What should I share with blog world?
Just then, Max climbed on top of me and planted a big, wet kiss on my face. I worked to avoid him- I'm sick, I hadn't brushed my teeth, I had coffee breath- there were so many reasons why he shouldn't want to kiss on me this morning. The more that I tried to resist him, the more he wanted to love on me, and so I eventually embraced him, germs and stinky breath and all.
At that moment, I decided that I am so very grateful for unconditional love.
Max and Lucy are young enough now that it doesn't matter if I am stinky, or how much I embarrass, discipline, or disappoint them, they love me without conditions. It won't always be this way, as they grow and maybe become stingy with their affection and less forgiving-and-forgetting. And it is okay- change is expected and normal.
But I've got a feeling that my unconditional love for them- a mother's love- will not change. There isn't anything that they could do to change the fact that my heart beats for them- under all conditions.
What a blessing to be a mama and to experience this type of love for my children, and what a beautiful reminder that This is how God loves me!

4 comments:
Oh Annie, I love this post! Isn't unconditional love such a fabulous thing to be thankful for?! You are such a good Momma indeed! I love this series and can't wait to read tomorrows entry!
Just me again, I forgot to say how much I love this picture!
I love this post about unconditional love. It's true, you will love your children no matter what they do or don't do. Always. And I too love the pic of Max. Love it!
Awwwwwwww.......it's so true. What a sweet story about Max climbing and kissing on you! Hope you are feeling better....I LOVE YOU!!! :)
Post a Comment