November 23, 2010

A Week of Thankfulness- Day 3

What am I thankful for today?
I am in a pretty grumpy mood, so I'm hoping that a big dose of gratitude will shake off the grumps.
So, here are some options:

1) Sleeping in until 10am (I'm still sick, and I'm milkin' it for as long as I can!)

2) Snow! Snow! Snow!  Snow is beautiful, and quiet, and rare enough that it is welcomed with cheer, and it closes schools, and keeps my husband home from work, and it makes my babies happy.  It stirs up wonderment, and it is such a treat to watch a child be filled with wonder. Don't 'cha think?


3.  An extra long shower and a home-pedicure. 


4.  I'm not sure if I can say that I'm thankful for Max's shenanigans, but I am thankful that I find humor in them.  His latest game is to take Lucy's clothes from her dresser and drop them one item at a time off of the second floor and down to the first floor.  What a stinker!
I changed my mind- I do indeed feel gratitude for Max's shenanigans.  He is who he is, and I'm crazy about my boy!

5.  This is going to sound super cheesy, so don't judge me, but did anyone watch Dancing With the Stars last night?  I'm not a regular fan of the show, but it is down to the final 3, so I tuned in, and Jennifer Grey is one of the finalist.  You know, "Baby", from Dirty Dancing??
Jennifer Grey is paired with Derek Hough (my favorite cast member, but, I swear, I don't watch the show, often!), and last night they gave two flawless performances, and I was moved to tears.  Cheesy-I warned you- but it was truly entertainment at it's finest (what has gotten into me??), and you can see for yourself!  If you are a Dirty Dancing fan, you'll appreciate that she starts the number by holding a watermelon :)  Grab a tissue and prepare to be grateful for....  well, I don't know what exactly this makes me grateful for, but it made me happy, so I suppose I'm grateful for entertainment. "Nobody puts Baby in a corner!"




6. I am grateful for toilet paper. Until you are down to your last roll, as we were this morning, you don't give it much thought. But Devon just returned home from Costco- braving the elements on his quest for "booty wipes"- and the house is stocked once again.

7. Devon also brought home ooey, gooey cinnamon rolls from Costco, so now it is time to wrap up this list because I must go consume some ooey gooeyness. Yum yum thankful thankful!

6 comments:

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

I CARRIED A WATERMELON!!!! HA! I love it!! You KNOW my affection for Dirty Dancing and you and I have shared are many inside jokes for years...your wild your wiiiiiiild!!! I can't believe I didn't tune in! Well thanks for the video! I can't wait to watch the whole thing...I was having technical difficulties and I am rushing to finish this comment before teenager Tanner takes over the computer! :)

I love your thankful list day 3 and that despite sounding like death on the phone that you are a glass half full girl today!

LOVE the snow pictures and Maxxy's shenanigans!!

YUMMY goodness? I want some!!!

Just Me said...

I love the pics of the kids in the snow and I miss them all so much!

Yes, I of course, as you know, am a loyal fan of DWTS and watched Jennifer Grey and Derek Hough dance last night and was so moved also. I also voted my alloted votes and dearly hope they win as they should.

Today was a beautiful day her. Snow on the ground, in the trees and a gorgeous blue sky.
Wish I had some cinnamon gooeys to chew on. MMMMMYUMMM!

Katie said...

OMGosh!I have to watch Dirty Dancing now! I knew where every move they did was in the movie and it brought memories of sitting watching it. I always wished I could have danced like THAT!

Love that when you got sick (this time), it snowed and Dev got stay home and take care of the kids nad you. It really is a dream of mine. Oh, to sleep in, REALLY sleep in, and sit and give yourself a pedi. and watch the snow.

I do hope you feel better soon though, but maybe drag out the, "I'm still not feeling well, Hon" an extra day. Shhh, don't tell Dev... Santa won't come to your house this year. :]

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Oooooo I am watching the finale part two right now!!! They are dancing again! :) I also got to see the recap! GO BABY!

Wilson Girlzz said...

Agh! :o)

That's a great thankful list!!
Your toes look great, your kids are crazy cute (emphasis on crazy for the Maxinator!) and your hubby is super sweet!

I love the clip too!
Nobody puts baby in a corner!! love it!

Just Me said...

Here is the link on UTube for The Time of My life, with Swayze and Jennifer. There are other dances from the movie there too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpmILPAcRQo

I'm hooked all over again.