November 15, 2010

"This and This and This and This..."

When I was a little girl, I loved the Toys R Us Christmas catalog.  My brothers and I would take turns looking at every page, using pens to circle the items that we wanted.
The catalog arrived at our house weeks ago, but it didn't survive long- Max tore it to shreds.  Lucy was devastated.
Fortunately, Target sent out the The Great Holiday Toy Sale booklet.  Lucy looks at it and asks, "Mom, can I get this?  And this?  Will you get me this?"  Most of the time, I don't even look her direction to see what it is that she is asking for- and does it matter?  She wants it all!  I simply reply, "Yes, put it on your Wish List!"
This morning I heard, "Daddy, you should really look at this book with me.  It is a good book, and you should buy me everything in it."
Sucker!

6 comments:

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

OH MY! There was nothing like the toys r us catalog!!! And remember back in our day, there were shopping sprees you could win? I would dream of winning and all of the things I would throw in my cart! I seriously had a strategy!

Lucy is so cute!!! I love this picture of her and "the sucker"! :)))) Yes, get her ANYTHING she wants!!!! This and this and this!!!! Love it!

Molly Andersson said...

haha! Lucy is awesome!! I think she has convincing skills.... and i looked through the toys r us catalogs also!! I stayed mostly in the barbie section! so much pink :) such a cute picture also!!:) love you!

Just Me said...

Yes, yes, yes, the Target Holiday Toy Sale Catalog. Got it, reading it. Lucy, we can read it together:-) I think we did the Toys R Us one already.
I'm a sucker too.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE LUCY!!!

Leslie said...

I Love Lucy! : )

Wilson Girlzz said...

Oh that very same magazine has made for some serious business around our house too.

Elsie decided to cut out the pictures of everything she wanted and glue them to one big page...she did cut out anything pink and it did keep her busy for a good 2 hours...yes, it's a perfect 'keep her busy' project :o)

Just Me said...

I have to comment on how happy Devon looks in this pic. Two happy faces :-)