November 19, 2010

Memory Lane

Over the past couple of weeks, as we've been moving, I've come across several boxes of photographs.  These boxes had been stashed in the back, back, far back of the storage closet, waiting to be put into photo albums, I assume.  The pictures from my college years are in albums, but any proof of life before or after college just never quite made it out of the boxes. 

So, this afternoon while Max was napping, I pulled some boxes out and thumbed through the pictures.  I don't have a scanner, so I took pictures of the pictures so that I can share some of them :) 

I present
Memory Lane

I know that Lucy and Max look like Devon, but here is some proof that they look like me too!

I used to go on dates with my brother, Seth.  I know, it sounds creepy, but he was a great date, and we did a lot of fun things together :)

When there were just three of us!

This was my awkward pre-teen phase :)  And my tiny baby sister Molly!

I went to Israel when I was 18.  I'm the one with brassy red hair and The Freshman 15 (who I am kidding?  It was 20!). 

When Napoleon Dynamite was really popular, Devon wore his "Vote for Pedro" shirt.  Often.


Evidently, it isn't "manly" to push strollers, so my dad prefers to just carry babies at amusement parks :)  I loved those pink aviator glasses that Lucy was wearing!


My brother Adam modeled for a while, and his first job was for the store Anchor Blue.  We rushed to the mall to see his posters, and it was pretty funny to find that though he was the "key" model, he is the guy in front with his hand in his pocket!!  Yup, that's his hand!  We were so proud! (I've added arrows to help you find him!)


I miss my A-Team.  We haven't all been together in over 3 years!!
(Lucy said, "They look like Barbie twins!")


I found some pictures of baby Joe! :)

And baby Lulu- I could eat her :)

Before I moved to Seattle, I'd visited just once before.  I could have never guessed that someday I'd be a fake Washingtonian (I'm really a misplaced Californian!).

I backpacked through Europe when I was 24, and I saved every plane, bus, and train ticket, along with every map, postcard, and museum pamphlet.  I even bought the scrapbooks, but they are empty :(  Everything is in a box!

I'm often disappointed in myself that I don't take the time to print my digital photos.  But if was to print them, maybe they'd just sit in boxes too.  Maybe someday I'll resolve to put my old photos in albums, and I'll print my digital pics and put them in albums too, but until then the boxes will find a home in the closet, and the rest of my pictures can stay in my computer, taking up no space at all :)

5 comments:

Just Me said...

I loved your photos of days gone by and I even recognized one place in your European travels: the Colliseum in Rome. I was just there and have a pic of myself there too :-)

Um, I was looking for Adam's head in the poster, since he was the "key model" but the rest of him looks great, hand in pocket and all.

A great walk down your memory lane.

Just Me said...

Oh, and it was really funny to see you holding tiny Molly. I love that one.

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Oh how I love your trip down memory lane!!! The kid's do look so much like you! It's remarkable! Although, i have always seen Lucy as a little you, I never knew Max looked so much like you too!!! ADORABLE! I loved all of the photos, hard to pick a favorite!

I still have my emails from your Europe trip! Some of the funniest stuff ever!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE this post!

Wilson Girlzz said...

Loved every single photo and be sure to take Lucy out to a big stawberry icecream cone for that 'Barbie Twin' comment!!

Your cute and so is your family!

Allison said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this entry! There is nothing better than going down memory lane with you. Totally agree with Andrea-the 'Barbie Twin' comment is awesome-please give her two scoops for us...