November 13, 2010

For the Cause!

Does your computer screen have a zoom feature?
Go ahead and use it to look at this picture of my handsome hubby-
Can you see his mustache????  You have to look closely!

Devon is growing a mustache because it is Prostate Cancer Awareness month, and I learned from this link that "From the U.S. to Australia, men are growing mustaches for Prostate Cancer Awareness Month this November or 'Movember,' as it's affectionately known."

One of Devon's co-workers sent out an email that explained, "The rules are simple, start Movember 1st clean-shaven and then grow a mustache for the entire month. The mustache becomes the ribbon for men's health, the means by which awareness and funds are raised for cancers that affect men. Much like the commitment to run or walk for charity, the men of Movember commit to growing a mustache for 30 days."

So, though his wiskers are scratchy when we are smoochin', and I prefer my honey to be clean-shaven, I have no choice but to support Devon's attempt at a mustache because it is for a good cause! 

4 comments:

Wilson Girlzz said...

Oh Dear - we too are participating in "no shave November" -

It's good to know there's a bigger cause, I just thought it was some dumb-I'm-more-manly-than-you contest (whoops!)

p.s. Q's rockin' the stach and a beard! OMG!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Seriously, even Tanner knew about this! He didn't know why, but was going to grow out his mustache :) because he heard you were supposed to for November! So funny!

Your husband is very handsome and it suits him well! I always did love Tom Selleck!

Just Me said...

I didn't realize how huge this was. I am so glad Devon is doing this. Devon, you look great, handsome as always.

Most important: If any of you have husbands 40 or over, please make an appt for him to get a complete physical.
I don't mean to ruin the party but my father died of prostate
cancer.

Leslie said...

I love Devon, even with the mustache :) Alot of guys know about it and aren't shaving during November, but they didn't know the reason was prostate awareness!