For those of you familiar with SpongeBob SquarePants and the happenings in Bikini Bottom, you know that a Krabby Patty is a delicious burger--a secret recipe--that can only be found at The Krusty Krab.Well, in this episode of Mama Rantz, a Krabby Patty is me.
I can't seem to snap out of this mood! I wake up in a funk, I go to bed in a funk, and all of the in-between time is truly a mixed bag of bliss and agony-- poor Devon is working very hard at walking the thin line between the two extremes!
Could it be the hormones? I don't know how to control them!
Could it be the weather? We have had quite a few sunny days, during which I long for grey skies and cozy darkness, yet on the overcast days I long for the sunshine and blue skies of happier times.
Could it be the financial crunch? Oh, the days of pedicures, mochas, and indulgent purchases are a distant memory! The stress of our bills feels like a giant weight on my gut-- oh, um, nevermind. That's Max.
Could it be a coincidence that my secret pregnancy-craving is alcohol? Alcohol just sounds so yummy, and I feel confident that it would "take the edge off." During our last dinner date, I sighed, "Oh, how I wish that I could order a drink," and it wasn't a surprise that Devon's response was, "Yes, I wish that you could too." Devon has offered (in jest, I hope!) to take me to an AA meeting, but the belly might draw attention! Let's just say that Max's birth will be celebrated with a mojito-- no, a margarita-- no, a mojito...
Joseph has been a consistent victim of the Krabby Patty. But, seriously, does he have to shape the bar of shower soap into a ball? And how hard it is to put dirty clothes into the hamper rather than on top of the hamper?
Lucy has fallen victim too. But am I supposed to be happy about the fact that she kicks me in the spine while I am sleeping?
As I am writing this, Lucy has run up to me and announced, "Mommy, I found a horsey!" with pure delight on her face. Ahh, the bliss is back!
5 comments:
If you are a Krabby Patty, then I am Squidword and we need to get together ASAP.
I too have been in a funk.
The kind of funk that results in manic behavior, like cleaning out the fridge at 11 pm. Locking myself in our home office to 'file.' I am begining to think I am doing these things to avoid the real world and my crazy girls...not good!
The sad part is that I don't have a baby in my belly, or hormones to cause such irratic behavior, all I have to blame is myself.
I guess in a round about way, I am trying to sympathize and empathize with you..and make you feel better...is it working???
How about this...meet you in April at the hospital with a mojito in hand with fresh crushed strawberries (it's fabulous!). AND I'll be the one to tell the nurses to 'back off, mama needs some lovin'!'
I love you and wish I could give you a big hug and then, do some laundry for you!!
Hang in there buddy!! You are the best :o)
Oh, Annie! Here, let me try to make you feel better- it's not you, it's me. Okay, let's try that again. It's not you, it's Max. Yes, I'm putting all the blame on those sweet little shoulders of Max! Really though, doesn't pregnancy just do a number on your hormones?! I say that you take any and all accountibility out of the equation and put the blame where it belongs- the hormones!
Your post is perfect timing for me because after nearly 17 months, I had a "visitor" show up this morning! I am in shock and just waiting for the floodgate of emotions (and other unpleasant side effects) to open. I'm thinking it might not be a pretty sight. Sigh. I figure that the least thing Danny could do is to put up with me (Devon, too!) since today is just another reminder of how imbalanced my hormones still are!
My favorite saying is "this too shall pass." Just keep telling yourself that!
Funkarama!!! You let it all out Mama Rantz!! You are singing my song...except you have the golden ticket!! I have no legitimate reason!! I can't wait to come and love your socks off! Oh ya, and did I mention that I do dishes???
We can veg out and catch up on our t.v. and I will even deck out your piggies with a faux pedi!
The finances have to be the biggest buz kill of all and don't feel strange about the alcohol craving I had the same one when I was pregnant, except I wanted wine or tequilla.
I like to call what you are describing the ground hog day roller coaster!
I am laughing out loud thinking of you rollin' up to an AA meeting sporting that belly!!
Ladies, you all made me feel much much better! My mom was a bit concerned that this blog post was a bit too dark and honest, but I assured her that the blogging buddies will know what I am talking about :)
Yes, "This too shall pass"!!!
HORMONES! Blame it on Max. Wish I was there to help. All I can say is be glad Joe gets his clothes ON the hamper instead of the floor like some teenagers I know here. Take care of you. Maybe a nice warm bubble bath? With candles. Devon can keep the kids downstairs.
Post a Comment