January 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Lucy!

Lucy, it has been an adventure to watch you grow and change everyday...




From 2 months old...






To 6 months old...





To 12 months old...




To 18 months old...


To 2 years old!





I love you so much!


I waited my whole life for you, and you have not disappointed!






I meant to post yesterday, but I was exhausted from a day of making sure that Lucy's birthday was as great as could be. We played at Toddler Time, ate her favorite lunch, played at the play land at the mall, cruised through Toys R Us, ate her favorite dinner, enjoyed ice cream cones, took a bath together... it was exhausting. Last year, on her first birthday, I made sure that Devon celebrated ME. After all, I pushed her out, right? This year, I completely forgot to fight for my right to be celebrated! Where are my flowers, honey? :)

We had a birthday party for Lucy last Sunday while my mom was still in town. We went with a cowboy theme for two reasons: 1) Lucy loves horses 2) all of her little guests were boys! It was Lucy and 7 little boys (including Joseph, who isn't so little!). We had a great time with our friends, and we packed 21 people into our house. Instead of birthday cake, Lucy requested ice cream cones. My mom pulled through with her famous peanut butter popcorn, and she made cupcakes too while I cleaned like a mad woman and had a minor breakdown when I didn't feel that Devon and Joseph were helping as much as I had expected. Sorry, guys. But it all came together, and Lucy had a wonderful time, and she excelled at being the Birthday Cowgirl!



A special thank you to Jacqui for taking great pictures with your awesome camera!


Our birthday girl, dressed and ready for the party to begin.




Our table, dressed with goodies and party favors.



Joseph participates in all dress-up events!


My mom and I were the ice cream scoopers.


As we were singing to Lucy, she was a little unsure of the situation! This pictures shows her "shifty eyes."




It looks like Devon helped a bit with blowing out the candle.



Laura & Andrew


Jacqui & Hayden










Now that she knows a bit about wrapped gifts, she was eager to open presents! Can you blame her?








Lucy received this princess dress as a gift, and it looks so cute on her! Such a girly dress on such a curvaceous girl! She reminds me of Princess Fiona (after the sun goes down, you know, when she becomes an ogre!).


Time for a belly picture!



25 weeks along now. Head to heels, our baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. He weighs around a pound and a half (yet I've gained 14 lbs? hmm....). No fruit of veggie reference-- I think he has outgrown most produce found at the grocery store!

8 comments:

comfy cozy said...

What a truly perfect b-day and party for Ms. Lucy! I am lovin' the cowgirl theme almost as much as I'm lovin' the picture of the "shifty" eyes. So classic!! The tribute through her whole two years is very sweet. Did you end up crying? Looks like a success and you are looking amazing, as usual. 14 pounds and nearly there! I was a whopping 60 pounds! What the heck?!

comfy cozy said...

I forgot to add that I think your Tuesday Tip should be your mom's famous peanut butter popcorn. That sounds right up my alley!

Annie said...

Ooh, thanks for the tip on the tip, Sadina! I'll post the recipe for sure! PB Popcorn is delicious!

Good man Better woman said...

Lucy is unspeakably adorable. Now I'm gonna have to buy flowers for "better woman" every one of our children's birthdays! The standard has been raised. Better woman deserves it anyway.

I like the cowboy theme too. It really worked.

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Really a PERFECT PARTY!!! Lucy is the most adorable cowgirl to roam the wild Pacific Northwest! Your Mom did an amazing job as usual helping with the decorations! How is it that I have never had the famous PB popcorn balls??? I have had almost every classic Leslie Miller recipe! I feel jipped!

The "look back" pictures had me all welled up! Lucy has just been perfection from day one! OOOO and the belly shot was amazing too! You are all belly Momma! I think that Max could maybe be an eggplant or a small melon? What do you think?

Okay, I am loving the whole flowers inspiration that you have begun! I never ever get flowers nor did I ever consider that I should be celebrated on the big day. Thanks Annie!

I officially just blogged on your blog so I guess I will end this longest comment ever now.

Just Me said...

I love the birthday pics and yes, I was crying at the end. I love Lu's fluffly hair, she has changed since I last saw her. And I love the pic of Joe in his cowboy get-up. He so loves to dress up. What a perfect bd party. I am so sad I missed it but I couldn't be there this time. So I am so glad you put the pics up here so I can feel like I was there. Love you all!

Wilson Girlzz said...

What a great birthday recap! I was so excited to see all the picutures and Lucy is so stinkin' cute in her cowboy hat...who would have thought you'd have a little Rodeo Queen of your own?
I think Lucy MUST attend the Sisters Rodeo this year!! What do you think?? ;o)

I'm feeling really inspired by your cute hair and headband. As a preggy mamma, you out do me in the looks department big time, nicely done! I love your belly. Could Max be compared to celery???

Jacqui Lott said...

I think I gained 14 lbs eating all your mom's PB Popcorn!!

Lucy party was really fun and we adore your little princess cowgirl!