Though the sight of Devon and Lucy cuddled up in bed at 9am on a Saturday was endearing, I was also completely jealous! I mean, seriously-- it is going to be years, like, a million years, before I get to not only sleep beside my husband, without a child between us, but before I get to sleep in until 9am on a Saturday morning with my husband! Enjoy, Lucy! You are in my spot!In other news, Joseph has been playing Mario Cart on the Game Cube, and Lucy likes to play too. She holds the controller and pushes buttons and cheers, and then when they are done playing she tells us that she won. Today she played without pants on :) If you look close, you can see Joe (disguised in camo).
7 comments:
I looked really hard but I couldn't find Joe! :)
Yes, Lucy is one lucky little girl snuggling with her daddy! What an adorable picture! Is it just me or do the girls do things with their daddys that they would never do with us? Somehow Danny can get Hanna to play on her playmat for a long time. When I try to do the same, she freaks! I'm guessing she doesn't let you sleep in to 9:00! Lucky daddy, lucky Lucy. Not so fortunate mama!
Can you say baby genius?!?!! She is so smart!! I love that she is pantless and a "gamer"! Maybe she is ready for Christmas Crunch? Maysyn usually escapes before I can get her pants back on and I actually think it's really cute.
Annie--I thought you were the one that gets to sleep in while Devon gets up with Lucy. How did he score this sweet Saturday morning? Every morning I consider telling Doug how wonderful Devon is and that I want to sleep in like you do!
I couldn't find Joe at first--but I just pretended the picture was one of those "hidden picture" books where you have to make
your vision obscure to see the dinosaur. Then I found him! He's adorable!
I should clarify-- Lucy doesn't really play the video game. Joe plays, and Lucy thinks that she is playing too, but she is only holding a controller!
Okay, here is the story behind Devon sleeping in with Lucy. Usually, Dev wakes up early and gets the coffee going and changes Lucy's diaper and does all the morning stuff. But I babysat Andrew on Saturday, and he comes over at 6am, so I was up much earlier than usual. So, 7am passes, and the 8am... where is my coffee, dude? At 9am Andrew and I finally went in to see if Dev and Lu were still alive, and I had to take a picture of their snuggle before I could wake them up and say, "If I don't get some coffee within the next 10 minutes I am going to die!"
Devon slept in so late because he was up until 2 playing Christmas Crunch :)
Oops, I was logged in as Joseph. Joe's class has a blog and his xmas break assignment was to comment... that is why he has an account.
Annie, I totally got it that she just thinks she is playing but I still think it's genius material for a almost 2 year old! Lucy SMART!
Thanks for the explanation because I was really upset that the tables had turned and now you were making the coffee while Devon slept in! I am a huge fan of Devon but no way can we do a switcharoo here! You are an awesome wingman though supporting him in his Christmas Crunch aspirations!
That was so funny thinking that Joseph was commenting and so articulately! :)
Adorable! I miss you guys so much. The sleeping baby/daddy is just so darling. She is Daddy's Little Girl. They know how to wrap their daddies for sure.
So now I am dying to know about Christmas Crunch!!
NOT FAIR!
I have the same situation occur at my house nearly every weekend. Just remember, some day, ours will be spent sleeping in and feeling fully rested...it may be a while off, but it will feel great!
Lu and Joe are so cute. I think it's great Joe shares his games and lets Lucy win. He's such a great big brother!
Post a Comment