My tip this week is all about eating out on a budget. Interested?? I thought so!
Two tips, actually--
1. Okay, this may be a no-duh tip, but on the rare occasion that Devon and I get a date-night (come home soon, Donna! We miss our favorite baby-sitter!), we try to hit Happy Hour at our favorite restaurants. We sit in the bar, not having to wait 30-45 minutes for a table, and we order an array of half-price appetizers and share, and we can usually keep our bill under $20 (but take note that this does not include drinks! Diet Pepsi is as wild as Devon gets, and my drinks have to stay G rated for about 3 more months!). It feels good to eat out and enjoy yummy food and leave without the guilt of having spent $50+.
2. Last night, as dinner-time quickly approached, I found myself without any groceries, no motivation to get groceries... so I decided to Google "kids eat free." I figured that if we were to splurge on dining out, maybe I could find some sort of deal. Many sites appeared, and my favorite is www.coupondivas/kids-eat-free. We landed at IHOP because it is the closest to home (not because of their fabulous cuisine!), and it is just too bad that it was Monday night, because IHOP offers free kids meals on Tuesdays and Thursdays! Oh well- my intentions were good!
2 comments:
Great tip! Danny and I have went to Claim Jumper before during Happy Hour. It was a win-win! He enjoyed a nice ale for cheap and I enjoyed a shirley temple and we shared some yummy food! Come to think of it, I think we need to do that again! The best part is if you can time it just right, the place is nearly empty!
Great Tip!
I would have never thought of Googling kis-eat-free. Nice work.
Q and I haven't had a date night since Brynn was born. I can't believe it. We should seriously get something planned!
Post a Comment