January 13, 2009

Baby Lu, Almost 2!


My baby Lucy turns two years old tomorrow. I am feeling very emotional and, let me be honest, a bit depressed! It is a tragedy that time passes so quickly. Before I know it, she will be potty trained, going to school, bringing boys home, borrowing my car, and leaving me forever! Would it be irrational to wrap her in a receiving blanket and try to nurse her? Just kidding. Would it be a bad idea if I kept her awake all night so that I could cherish every last minute before she turns two? She is never going to be one again!
Am I always going to be sad on her birthday?
Max had better hurry, because this mama needs a baby!

8 comments:

comfy cozy said...

Oh, Annie!! Your post really hit home as Hanna is nearly 7 months and I feel the same! I think b-days will always be bittersweet. On Hanna's first b-day, I'm sure I will go in my closet and have myself a "session." I'm sad just thinking about it! So, yes, you are totally normal by my standards! Baby Lucy is sooo delicious, I love seeing her so tiny! Sounds like Max coulnd't be making his debut at a more perfect time!

(My apologies for the overuse of the exclamation point. I guess that's what you get when you baby blog!)

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Sweet baby Lucy!!! She is sooooo precious! Annie I have cried on all of their birthdays every year without fail! In addition on the 24 hours leading up to their birthday I tell them (usually as they roll their eyes with a smile letting me know they do actually enjoy it)every hour of what I was doing leading up to the moment I held them in my arms!

Isn't it just amazing though that she can tell you how much she loves you?! Job well done Momma! That is one smart adorable 2 year old!

Happy Birthday Lucy!!!!

PS your new backround is awesome!!!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Oh Oh and one more thing! I love the countdown to baby Max's arrival! I am always excited to see if he will be upside down or not when I check in. He really is an active little thing Annie!

Wilson Girlzz said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUCY!!
Annie, how are you doing today?
I am thinking about you and want you to know that you are VERY normal!
I too cry when I think about Elsie and Brynn growing up so quickly.
I guess that just means we love them...A LOT!
HUGS for you all day long!

comfy cozy said...

I just realized that you posted YESTERDAY so that makes Lucy's b-day TODAY!

Happy Birthday, Lucy!!!!!! Hope you all have a great day!

Jacqui Lott said...

Happy 2nd Birthday Lucy! Annie, I'm right there with ya!

Just Me said...

Happy Baby Birthday. I am sad because I am not there to see all of her changes since I left 3 months ago. Soon you will have another baby and Lucy will be such a great big sister. I can't wait to see them both!

Just Me said...

And Joe too of course! I hope you got the things I sent.