Okay, it is a scientific fact that pregnancy affects dreams. When I am not pregnant, I rarely have dreams, and even if I do, I can never remember them. But when I am pregnant, there is a soap opera in my head every night!
When I was pregnant with Lucy, I constantly dreamt about ex-boyfriends. WAIT-- before you become appalled that I am sharing this info, I can assure you that these were not kinky dreams! I would dream that Devon and I would run into an ex and his wife, or that I was married to an ex instead of Devon (and I was miserable, of course!), or that an ex was burning my house down (just kidding)... you get the picture.

Well, this go-round with the pregnancy dreams, Michael Phelps has the starring role. Yes, he and I are madly in love. We travel the world together-- in fact, he won't go anywhere without me! Don't worry, in my dreams I am not cheating on Devon. Devon is nowhere to be found (except sleeping soundly to my left, on the other side of Lucy!). I cheer for Michael at his races. I sit beside his mom and his sisters. We are even beginning to talk about marriage.
I really wish that I could explain why Michael Phelps is in my psyche. It would make more sense if it was, say, Justin Timberlake!
I told Devon and Joseph about my dreams, and that Michael loves me so so very much, and they didn't find it as funny as I'd hoped! And the last time that Devon got sassy with me (Ladies, your husbands give the occasional sass too, right?), I assured him that Michael never speaks to me that way. He rolled his eyes, I'm sure :)
So, there you go. Devon, in my waking hours, I love you way more than Michael Phelps and his gold medals! And you would have been so much funnier than he was on Saturday Night Live!
Any pregnancy dreams or Michael Phelps obsessions to confess, Ladies??
11 comments:
Sooo funny! When I was prego, I am sad to say that I had the ex-dreams as well. Except that mine were naughty and I hated myself in the morning! Of course, I'd share with Danny my dreams so that it didn't feel like I was cheating on him twice! And if he EVER had some dream about some ex, let's just say I would be livid. Double-standard, I know! Hey, I'm known for my double-standards, though, which is why I can be as sassy as I like and the second Danny throws sass back at me...excuse me?! For some reason though, he doesn't appreciate the double-standard thing and it doesn't seem to detour him from the sass. Go figure! Actually, I'd describe it as "assertive" versus "sass." I thought there could only be one Captain on this ship and that was me?
Oh, and my longtime "other man" is Leo. Danny is fully aware and I can't even describe why I like him so much. I think that old habits die hard!
Oh, and I've had to actually type in your address to get your newest post. It seems there is a time lapse of a couple hours? Weird! I noticed that your page doesn't show my newest post, either, even when you go into my blog. So, I have a new one in case you feel like throwin' this girl a bone and commenting! I'm so desperate, I know!
NICE! Thanks for your confession, Sadina!
I totally support the double standard, by the way! If any other woman made a cameo in Devon's dreams, there would be hell to pay!
And, yes, there can only be one Captain! An "assertive" husband is asking for trouble, right? You crack me up!
Hmmm, I can't say that I feel the same about Leo-- was it "Titanic" that really sealed the deal for you??
I don't understand the delay in the blog update-- what are we doing wrong?
Actually, the affair began way back in the 80's when he had a small part on Growing Pains and then the flame was re-ignited when I saw Titanic!
You girls are cracking me up! I feel like I am "blog-cheeting" on Doug at this very moment because we are dating in the day time today and I said I was just coming upsatirs to put my sweats on. But I had to sneak a peak at the blogs! I will be back to share my comment on this subject later! Right now I gotta go!
Just had to jump in on Leo. The one that really gets me is his "manly man" starring part in Blood Diamond. He always was so babyfaced but in this one he really looks manly. Check it out on HBO On Demand.
Yes, I've seen Blood Diamond! Very manly-man! The British accent was just the icing on the cake- gotta love a foreign accent!
Gosh, I still haven't seen Blood Diamond, and I have heard so much about it!!!! I do like British accents...
Hi again...I'm baaaackkk. Okay so I was a complete "dream cheater" when I was pregnant with Maysyn. The funny thing was that Justin Timberlake and sometimes Brian Austin Green and I were in love! It really was as you described Annie like a true relationship. With Justin I would be back stage at concerts and just like your dreams, Doug was no where to be found. So it wasn't like I was choosing JT over Dougie.
DOUBLE STANDARD ALERT: That double standard is in FULL effect at the Blake home! I would lose my mind if I thought Doug was dreaming about someone else. I would insist that it was a product of some subconcious true desire!
I did love Leo in the Titanic and I do need to see Blood Diamond so that I can get to know the "man" Leo! I am more of a Matt Damon fan though I must admit.
This was so funny Annie! You must keep us posted on the romance!
Annie, I think I just blogged on your blog! I am an overly zealous commenter! Still love me?
Yes, see manly man Leo in Blood Diamond. It is actually an Africanz accent, from South Africa. British with a twist. He did good and was very manly sexy.
Post a Comment