December 9, 2008

Tuesday Tip!

I had to think hard about what I could contribute to Tuesday Tips... and nothing brilliant came to mind! I came up with two tips, but neither of them are Annie-originals. Oh well!



The first tip is a baby name website that my friend Jacqui suggested, and it is http://www.nymbler.com. This website is "Your Personal Baby Name Assistant," and it is fun because you can choose up to six names to influence name suggestions. For example, I entered Devon, Annie, Joseph and Lucy as my "inspirations," and I chose to only see names for boys, and pages and pages of name suggestions appeared! If you find a name that you like but want more info, you can click on the name and it will tell it's origin, the order in which the "inspiration" names influenced it (does that make sense?), and it's rank in popularity.



Devon and I have been completely entertained by this website, and we've come across some very silly names, such as Booker (influenced mostly by the name Devon), Lemuel (influenced mostly by the name Annie), Raphael (influenced by both Joseph and Annie), Huey, Rocky, Alf, and my personal favorite, Nimrod.



Even if naming a baby isn't on your "To Do" list, this website is fun!




My second "tip" is a grocery item that I've heard Lisa mention, and I finally tried it, and it is divine! It is Blue Diamond Almond Breeze, and it is a non-dairy beverage that comes in a box (like soy and rice milk), and it is available in different flavors. I bought vanilla (sweet, but not too sweet!), and I drank it cold with a Christmas cookie. Lisa puts it in cereal, and I can't wait to try it in a smoothie and in my coffee! I am tempted to have the rest of the family try it, but then I'd have to share!

8 comments:

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Annie I am so excited about your tip! I am very proud of you for trying Almond Milk and I am even more excited that you liked it!

You are wise not to share the "sweet nectar". I shared my chocolate almond milk with Tanner and now I have to hide it in the fridge!

I have to say that I actually really like the name Booker.

comfy cozy said...

I actually think the baby name website is an awesome tip! I can't wait to browse and I'm super curious if they even have my name on it, since it's definitely a unique one!

I think Lisa oversold me on the chocolate almond milk and my expectations were really high. Sadly, I was a bit disappointed. It wasn't sweet enough for me. I'm only mentioning this to give an additional plug for the chocolate Soymilk...yum! Really, I would be shocked to find someone that didn't like it! Not that I'm dissing the fact that you two love it...I'm just saying!

Great job on coming through with a tip, Annie. I, on the otherhand, am completely clueless at this point!

Annie said...

Lisa, you like the name Booker?? Don't you think it sounds a bit like Booger? I vote that you have one more baby and name it Booker Blake! Say it fast, it is funny!

Sadina, Lisa forewarned me that the chocolate almond milk wasn't what you expected. So, she lowered my expectations before I tried the vanilla! Upon your suggestion (maybe it could be your Tuesday Tip!), I'll try the chocolate soymilk!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

I was thinking it sounded too much like hooker actually.

Did you know that I affectionately and with great love called Tanner boogie and booger when he was a tiny baby? It is sad but true!

Molly Andersson said...

hahaha im soo excited to try that website out!! thanks for the tip sissy :)

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Booker Blake or bust!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Please note that my comments get rather strange and fully lacking my usual enthusiastic over use of the exclamation point (!!!!!!) if I stay up past my bedtime! So if you ever see a coment from me after 8:15 p.m. It could be a weird one!

Forgive me Annie, I promise to withold comment until the morning from now on! Ha Ha! :)

Katie said...

Annie, I went to the name website and put the boys' names in and choose to find a girl name that may go with them. Well after the first pages of names like Madison and Ava, I got to names like Zipporah, Afton, & Atara! (Did you say Atari... no that was my daughter Atara!) These names were on the same page as Ann and Abby. Some how they don't seem to fit!
Fun site though. I'll have to pass it along to my sister. I don't think that they have started thinking of names, at least they haven't said any to all of us!