December 28, 2008

Christmas in California

I've got a week's worth of updating in this blog post, so sit back, get comfy, and here we go!



The Vacation House

We had a great trip visiting my family. We stayed with my parents and my sister Molly, and we are very much at home in what we call our "Vacation House."





Lucy has her own corner in the living room, and she is free to make a big mess! Joseph has his own corner too, but his isn't quite as colorful!






She has everyone wrapped around her little finger. Here she is with my dad, and he is feeding her chicken noodle soup. My dad's name is Coy, and his grandpa name is "Coco."


My sister treated me to a facial, and we convinced Devon to indulge in a facial too. It was more of a giggle fest than a facial :)





Molly let me try on her ridiculous pajamas, and I called them the Husband Repellent, thinking that these could be considered a new form of birth control. Seriously, how unattractive can a pair of pajamas be on a lady??


Lucy's First Salon Visit


I decided that it was time for Lucy's first haircut. She didn't have a lot of hair to work with, but as my mom said, we needed a professional to "make sense of it." As we pulled up to Lollipop Cuts, Lucy was very excited to jump into one of the salon chairs/vehicles, and she chose the yellow Hummer. Once the cape was put around her, she got a bit nervous!






She had a full support system-- me, Devon, Joe, my mom, and Molly all stood by and ooh-ed and aah-ed as Lucy transformed!






























All done! The salon gave us a cute certificate and an envelope containing Lucy's baby hair. As you can see, Lucy wasn't too happy about the barrette!






Bloggers Unite!




We met up with the Blakes and Kristy and Reese Kloetzer for frozen yogurt, and it was so fun to be together! Kristy brought gifts for Baby Max (including red Converse shoes!), and homemade salt scrub and lip gloss for me and Lisa.

Isn't this cute??!! The scrub is great-- Joe, Devon and my dad all tried it with me. We all enjoyed our soft hands :) I'm hoping Kristy will post the salt scrub recipe as a Tuesday Tip (hint hint!)












Bloggers and babies!





Blondes Have More Fun




I gave my best effort as a brunette-from-a-box, but my smart husband decided that my xmas gift would be the gift of blonde! Here are my before and after pics, along with some belly!









Christmas Eve





The kids got to open one present on Christmas Eve, and Joseph chose which gifts he and Lucy would open. Conveniently, he chose the exact gifts that I'd already decided to let them open! I love it when our plans work out like that!













Lucy took a snooze on the sofa, and my brother Seth, Uncle "Sheffy," saw his opportunity to snuggle up with her.






We went to a Christmas Eve church service that Molly sang at, and she was amazing! I cried during her solo-- those darn hormones!






Lucy and Tutu. Lucy calls her "Toots"




And Finally, Christmas Day!







Baby Max got an outfit with tiny blue jeans! Would you believe that I cried?














Lucy and Ellee had their own dinner table-- how cute??

The Man Cave




Coco and Ellee. Adam thinks that my dad aspires to be one of The Wiggles.











The cousins-- Avery, Ellee, Joseph and Lucy





My brother Adam and sister-in-law Jillian







Christmas Bellies :)

This is my favorite picture of all-- the whole family!

3 comments:

comfy cozy said...

I am loving the extra long post packed with photos. You know I can't get enough of looking into other people's lives...strange I know. You guys seemed like you had such a nice x-mas surrounded by all your fam! And, a big thank you for the Husband Repellent pajama shot- you had me laughing out loud. Let me clarify, not laughing AT you but WITH you!

You are rockin' the blonde as you did the brunette! Hmm, how many people can totally pull of both? Really?! And Lucy is rockin' her new 'do as well. She is so yummy, even if the barette was a nuisance for her!

The Fountains looked like so much fun. You all are a group of hot-lookin' mamas!

Thanks for the post- I'm sure it took a while to do, but sooo appreciated! Okay, maybe as long as this comment?! Sheesh!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

OMGSH!!! This was well worth the wait!! I really don't know what my favorite picture is. From Devon's facial to your jammies I am just not sure what to choose! There are the adorable belly shots (cutest pregger girls on earth) and don't forget the picture of Lucy smiling for the camera with those sparkling eyes!
I guess if I had to choose...it would have to be the picture of me and Lucy! It would be appropriate since we officially bonded on this trip... "Lisa look!"

I really am amazed at how great you look in both hair hues! Really Annie, which ever way you end up going you are rockin' it!

Wilson Girlzz said...

What a FABULOUS recap!
I love all the pictures and the funny commentary...especially the birth control pj's!

You look great! Your little tummy is too cute and I think you are all belly! Nice effort fit preggers :o)

I'm glad you threw in a picture of Jillian too - it's always fun to see other preggy ladies.
So, is 'baby boy' really going to be a Max? I think that's a great name! Someday I'll have to explain to you the irony behind your name choices and Q's mom's side of the family...it's pretty crazy!

Love you and your blonde!