December 2, 2008

New Baby Rantz is a....

BOY!!

Isn't he cute???

Devon, Lucy and I went to Seattle this morning for our ultrasound and then for my doctor appointment. As we were watching the screen and looking at our little person, I was so amazed at how God designed our bodies to grow and develop and reproduce... it is truly remarkable! Nice work, Big Guy!

We saw a tiny profile, two legs, and two tiny feet, and a heart, a spine, tiny fingers, the umbilical cord, and then the technician showed us a penis and a scrotum! Oh my goodness! I really didn't have a strong feeling or guess regarding the baby's gender, but when I learned that it was a boy, I was shocked! I must have really expected another girl!

Devon and I are very excited about our new baby boy, and we can't wait to meet him!

Joseph is going to be home from school any minute now, and I am anxious to share the news with him. He is going to be such a great big brother to the little guy. And I already know that Baby Boy is going to rock Lucy's world, because when I was 22 months old I met my brother Adam, and my life was never the same (as I recall...). I loved being a big sister, and I adored Adam, and when Seth came along I couldn't put him down! My brothers were MY babies, and I am tickled that Lucy will have a baby brother too. (Note: Molly, I love you too, and when you were born I was thrilled to finally have a sister!).


Seth, Adam, and their "Other Mom," me



Again, I look exhausted (maybe mama needs a visit to the MAC counter at Nordstrom for a fresh look...). I am 19 weeks, and everything seems to be good and healthy. Yeah! Thanks, everyone, for your thoughts and for sharing my excitement! This group of Blogging Buddies has been a bit of a support group, and I love it!

UPDATE: Joe is home, and he is so excited about his new brother. He wasn't a bit surprised-- he was confident that it was a boy :)

10 comments:

Leslie said...

He is perfect! And boy have you grown since Thanksgiving!!! Must be a big little guy :) I totally enjoyed your trip down memory lane too!

Wilson Girlzz said...

HURRAY for your Baby Boy!
I am totally thrilled for you and I fully agree that Joe is going to be a wonderful big brother! Who else can teach BB all those cool explosion and machine gun sounds?

Lucy will be a wonderful big sister too - I'm sure she'll love BB as much as you love Adam and Seth...there's just something really special about those little brothers!

I'm thinking a MAC refresh sounds devine. You do look great and really do have the cutest little tummy!

I am SO excited for the Rantz's!!

comfy cozy said...

Congratulations Rantz Family! I'm so happy for you guys! Baby Boy (now the next fun thing will be deciding the name...maybe another poll for the blogger girls?) will be a wonderful addition to an adorable family!

Now, go treat yourself! You deserve it- consider it your "almost halfway there" present!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

I am sobbing! The ultrasound photo pushed me over the edge. Leslie said it best....He is perfect! The picture of you and the boys.....crying some more now.

I am so happy for you and I can attest to baby boys being the absolute best! Did you know that Tanner was supposed to be a girl? That's right! The technology wasn't so hot in 1995 so he had dresses hanging in his closet! He really would have made for a beautiful girl with those eyelashes but anyway.....as you know boys are awesome! I can't wait to hear what the final verdict is on his name! Congrats to the whole Miller-Rantz gang!

Doulos48 said...

Annie-
Oh I am so excited for you guys and for that little guy in your tummy, which is a very cute tummy I must add. You look great! If you were here I would take you to Nordies 'cause Lance's Girlfriend is a counter manager at Perscriptives and she would stock you up on the Freebees, maybe at Christmas! That picture of you, Adam and Seth is rediculously sweet.
Yeah for baby boy Rantz and I can't wait to hear what his name will be!

Doulos48 said...

Oh and I must say I love the new hair color....were you inspired by Privilaged? (which was so good last night!)Because I love her hair color on the show.....and she used to be a blonde and now she is rockin' the sme color as yours......I must know what did you use?

Elizabeth said...

I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU, Mama Rantz! You look incredible and you are going to LOVE having a baby boy to add to your bunch! Get your rest now... they are WILD ;-)

Just Me said...

Where's my comment? I was sure I already told you how excited and happy I am. It is funny because I told you in the beginning I had a feeling it was a boy. And is he ever a big one! I can't wait to hold him.

Annie said...

Hi Donna! I think that you left a comment on the previous post (Metalhead) but not this one yet... Anyway, I know, I can't wait to hold him either!
I un-boxed Lucy's xmas gift this morning, and it is perfect! She will love it! I'll wrap it and put it under the tree.

Katie said...

Annie, it sounds like you're a MAC girl, but my sis works at the Bobbie Brown counter. We should go together. She is fantastic at what she does! Let me know, or we can talk about it on Fri!

Yeah for baby boy on the way! We are so excited to meet him! Any name thoughts yet? I know it's early, but it's so fun to think about.