December 4, 2008

Technology These Days!

I remember way back in 1997, my freshman year of college, I got my first email address. I decided to send my first email to gap.com (clearly, I didn't know the difference between an email address and a web address). Email was such a new concept for me then. It opened up a whole new world of communication! I can't remember what life was like before email....
Getting to my point, I have just registered an account with Facebook, and I have spent the morning in amazement at the people that I am able to connect with who also have Facebook accounts-- friends from church, moms from Stroller Strides, Westmont friends, cousins...
I have had a Myspace account for a while, but I was recently informed that Myspace is "out" and Facebook is "in"! I'm not quite sure why one is preferred over the other.
Just like starting this blog, there is a feeling of anxiety found in "putting yourself out there," but, hey, it gives this stay-at-home mom some communication with people outside of my four walls!

Anyway... I totally flaked on the Tuesday Tip this week, but I have one to share, so I'll throw it out now (by the way, it is stolen from O magazine!). Check your lip balms for the "phenol," which is an antibacterial agent that strips the top layer of skin off of your lips, causing you to reapply often to restore moisture to your lips. Have any of you ever felt an addiction to lip balm?? I checked the lip products in my diaper bag/purse, and I didn't find phenol on any of the labels. Okay, so this may be a corny tip, but I didn't want to leave my Tuesday Tippers hanging!

This morning I set Lucy up with crayons and paper, thinking she'd enjoy the "activity"...



Reality check-- the "activity" was throwing every crayon on the floor! Oh well.





6 comments:

Wilson Girlzz said...

Oh Lucy!
That looks like a mess that is at my house...all the time!
Coloring is over rated ;o)

Funny about your first email being to the Gap! Very Funny!

Remember our emails when I was at The Shand Group and you were in the Athletics Office? Man, those were some funny reads! I printed them all out one time and still have them...ah, the good old days!!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

I have heard that facebook is the new MySpace! Way to be brave Annie! Technology is really blowing my mind lately due to having a teenager. The text messaging is wild! I currently am in the possesion of the "blue baby" a.k.a Tanner's cell phone at this very moment. Imagine if we would have had texting in Jr. High?!

Speaking of funny emails....I have one saved from you (Andrea I am sure you remember this one) that I read any time I need a good laugh. It's the Justin Timberlake Brings People Together email from Europe! It's a crack up!

You can't argue with creativity or those big blue eyes! Lucy is adorable!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Oh Oh Oh I forgot to comment on your AWESOME Tuesday Tip! Ha Ha! No I really appreciate this because I am currently afflicted with permachappedlips! I am also as you know weeding out "harmful chemicals" and phenol does not sound allnaturaaall! THX!

comfy cozy said...

Lucy is scrumptious! Such long eyelashes for a little lady!

You're brave with the Facebook! I stalk MySpace but have never had the courage to have an account- good thing, since it's "out." Speaking of technology and what's "in" and what's "out"- I think that's half my problem with trying something new...I figure the second I do, it will be "out!"

Doulos48 said...

Welcome to facebook and OMGSH I am seriously crying I was laughing so hard about Lucy! Halarious before and after. It made it even more funny because I made Reese some playdough today and he ate it more than he played with it! SALTY YUCK is what I would think but he loved it (eating it that is). I gave up after the 20th time telling him yuck not in your mouth.....(as you appeared to have by the looks of the crayon carpet) LOVE IT! Reese and Lucy are going to get along famously.....perhaps we will forgo the craft projects!

Just Me said...

Oh, Lucy is soooooo beautiful and I miss her sooooo much!! Those EYES! Her hair looks longer than when I saw her last, two months ago. I can't wait to see her and Joe again. I so love seeing the pics you post here of the kids and you all.