
Yay for me! I am now 20 weeks pregnant, which is the official half-way point for the little bun in the oven. Baby Boy weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now, and he's around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana! I woke up this morning to him doing his morning stretches and gymnastics routine (a wonderful way to wake up!).
Our Baby Boy is currently being called Max. Joe keeps asking, "Is his name definitely Max?" and I tell him that nothing is definite until it is on the birth certificate, but Max is sticking and feels like a fit! I gave a good push for the name Miller (my maiden name), but Devon didn't give the response that I was hoping for, and we tried yelling out, "Miller, breakfast is ready! Miller, did you do your homework? Miller, you get over here right this minute!!!" Hmmm, it didn't sound quite right. I'd name Baby Boy after Devon, but Joseph's middle name is Devon, and Devon's middle name is Zeppelin (no lie!!), and I asked Devon if he'd like to pass on the name Zeppelin, and he said that this wasn't necessary :)
I get asked if this pregnancy feels different than my pregnancy with Lucy. I feel great, and from what I remember I felt great with Lucy too (just tired and emotionally unstable!), so physically I don't feel a difference, but the circumstances surrounding this pregnancy are so different. When I was pregnant two years ago, I had a full time sales job, and now being a mom is my full time job (the pay stinks, but the benefits are great, and I get to sleep with the boss, hahaha). We had two incomes in a good economy then, and now we have one income in a poopy economy, so rather than surfing the net and cruising the stores looking for the perfect crib, changing table, bedding, diaper bag, etc., I am pleading for hand-me-downs (some of the moms at Stroller Strides have already offered! Yes!), re-using what I already have, and I plan to look for deals on the most necessary items (Craigslist??).
Before, I hadn't reached that selflessness that comes with being a mom. I still had my own agenda and could even take a shower everyday! Now, Joseph's and Lucy's needs come first, their joys are my joys, and I feel lucky if I get a moment to myself (nap time is the new Happy Hour!).
With Lucy, I was so proud of my growing belly, and I loved maternity clothes. Now, I can't lie, I still dig the belly, but maternity clothes are a drag!
Before, I poured over pregnancy books everyday, and now, I am sad to say that they haven't left the shelf. Instead of learning how to care for a baby, I have on-the-job training for how to be a better mom.
Before, I'd quiz every mama that I came across on their experiences with natural birth/epidural, and now, I am fully aware that with an epidural comes a sweet rapture, and with that, the birthing plan is complete!
When I was pregnant with Lucy, I would have gladly worn a t-shirt that read I AM PREGNANT!!! Now, I'd feel more comfortable in a shirt that reads I KNOW THAT I LOOK TIRED AND OUT OF CONTROL, BUT I'VE ACTUALLY FOUND COMPLETE HAPPINESS IN BEING A MOM AND AM THRILLED TO SAY THAT I AM PREGNANT! SO DON'T JUDGE ME!
What I am trying to express is that my life is very different than it was before Lucy was born, but what hasn't changed is that I feel so blessed to be pregnant, and I can't wait to hold our baby!
11 comments:
Annie this just might be the best post yet! Anatomy/OB 101? Nice Vagina! I love your growing baby boy and I think Max is the perfect name!
Bye for now... Maysyn decided to wake up and interupt my blooging time! Sheesh!
I think "Max" might be a bit larger than the average baby. He might be bigger than a banana? I too can't wait to hold the little darling.
Yes, Annie, this post really trumps all the others! Here's what I love:
1.) your comment about the pay stinks, benefits are great, and you get to sleep with the boss is AWESOME. I think I may just copy that line and make a magnet that says that for my fridge!
2.) no lie, the name Max is perfect. I love it! And Max the Gymnast is a lovely image.
3.) your describing the way you feel this time around and what's different/same gets me really sentimental. Again, no lie, I felt like shedding a tear remembering those days.
4.) you are one selfless, amazing mama and Max is so lucky...mind if I just refer to him as Max until further notice?
Awesome post! For the record, I could never hear enough about your pregnancy and what it's like the second time around!
Great post, Annie. Isn't it fun and kind of therapeutic to have a blog? I love that we all get to enjoy what's on your mind, too. I feel like I'm getting to know you so much better now. Thank you for sharing and letting us be not just spectators but participants in your life journey! Love you!
Hi I'm back! I love that you are half way! I can't wait to meet Max! I also can't wait to rub your belly in just a few days!
You really do pregnancy and motherhood so well. I always knew you would! Don't you love how I call you for parenting advice now?
You're a pro!
I second what Sadina says we REALLY can't hear enough about this pregnancy!!! ALL OF IT!!!
Consider Ozzy for a middle name???
Ha Ha!
Thanks so much, Ladies! Not only is blogging therapeutic, but it really has been like a support group! Somedays (most days) I really need the support, you know??
I'm glad that the name Max is being received well-- it is a bit scary to "reveal" baby names. I mean, what if I'd said Nimrod? Really, how could you respond to that? Ozzy is NOT an option for a middle name! I did offer up Hendrix (keeping the rock & roll theme alive! I thought that I was being super generous!), but Devon reminded me that Hendrix died of a drug overdose, and that isn't the kind of legacy that we want to bestow on our precious baby boy!!!
Sorry about Zeppelin. I am sure most of you have heard the story of how Devon got that as his second middle name. His first middle name is Frederick. My father's name is Edwin Guy. Guy is sort of different (that would make 2 names with three letters, which would put Coy also in the running). You could go with a modern pop theme...Justin (ha) or David (Cook, Archeletta, the Bible David). By the way that name site was very interesting. Your blog is reeeally good. You write so well. How about a book? Diary of an Exhausted Mom? Hey, looks like you have another 12 or 13 years of boy noise and sword fighting to go. At least you have experience. You truly are a great mom, Annie.
Donna, you are funny, no need to apologize for Zeppelin! It makes for a good story, and it is good Devon-trivia! I sincerely asked Dev if he wants to use either Zeppelin or Frederick for a middle name, so it is up to him!
"Diary of an Exhausted Mom" I like it!!!! Could I make money? Be a guest on The View?
Yes, I've already considered that I still have years and years of "boy noises" like bombs, guns, swords... you know the noises! Once Joe's noises stop, Max's noises will begin! Joseph has set the boy-standard very high-- I feel like I am prepared for all boy-things that Max can bring my way!
How about Max Justin Timberlake Rantz? :)
This is probably my favorite blog. I love that you love being a wife and mom. love you!
OH, Annie - I'm teary eyed!
I'm proud that my best buddy is such a loving, wonderful mommy.
I always knew you would be!
Love the name Max. It would sound great announced over the loud speakers as he runs onto SafeCo feild as the starting short stop :o)
I love the name Max! What about Max Miller Rantz? I know a lot of M's, but it's still cute. MY girl name is Lillie Elizabeth Lott. Lots of L's! But, alas, unless we adopt, or by some miracle, we won't be having any.
I'm right there with you on all the gun noises. Years and years still to come! At least you have a girl to even it out a little. Ethan's not a girl, but he's evening out the score at our house. No lie, I like getting to have dolls with him!
Post a Comment