
She was too little to participate. So, this year, we dressed her up and we set out on foot, trying to keep up with Joseph and his friend. It took a while for Lucy to realize that she wasn't going to enter the homes. She tried to enter, which makes sense because why else would we be knocking on doors? But once she figured out that you get candy and then walk away, she would no longer wait for her candy before she would turn around and follow the boys to the next house. Anyway, it was adorable and heartwarming for me and Dev to watch. One house gave away little glow sticks, which was Lucy's treasure for the rest of the night. She called it her sword (Gladiator Joe was carrying a sword, so Lucy must have figured that she needed one too).
I was able to snap a few pictures of Lucy, but I was having a hard time keeping up with Joe to take more pictures of him!




4 comments:
Annie I am dying!!! How cute are your kids?????? I love the gladiator kitty combo!!! Thanks for the retro pic of Lucy! So cute! Doug loves the picture of Devon---he says beanie brothers unite!!!
I am laughing out loud thinking of Lucy trying to enter the homes! Did she say trick or treat?
You did leave that part out :).
Thanks! I think that they are cute too!
Lucy didn't say trick or treat, but she said, "Okay, bye!" or "Okay, thanks!" at every house.
She actually entered 2 houses, but, fortunately, they were homes of friends, so we were able to chase her.
Adorable pics, Annie! Joe seems like such a good big brother! Your comment about Lucy wanting to go inside the homes cracked me up because there was this sweet little asian girl that really wanted to come in. Her daddy had to drag her away and Danny and I were about ready to accept her as a new member of the family! We felt special, until I read your post (ha-ha)! And I got a kick out of that one pic with the baby gate...was that to keep the trick or treaters from making a mad dash inside?
I love the trick-or-treat recap and pictures.
The kiddos are too funny!
We had a couple 'sneaker inners' at our house too. It made me feel like a nice, not scary lady! Elsie only trick or treated at the grandparents. She's a major chicken. I couldn't get her to go to our neighbors house just for one trick-or-treat. But she did love answering the door and saying 'happy Halloween - you want some candy?'
Too funny!
Post a Comment