November 3, 2008

We've Made Contact!

We had a doctor appointment today, and we got to hear the baby's heartbeat! That was pretty much the main event (other than a blood test, poor me!), but I was really excited to hear the thump-thump-thump because, as you mamas can relate, sometimes I wonder how the little "lemon" is doing in there.
Lucy and Devon were there too, and as we were listening, I asked Lucy, "What do you hear?" and she said with a big smile, "Horsies!" It does sound like horse, right? Cute.
Joseph is on a field trip to the Water Treatment Facility today, which translates to The Sewage Plant! I can't wait to hear about his day and learn just where does the poop go! I'm sure he'll be anxious to tell. If any of you are curious too, I could do a blog about the sewer!

Now, I realize that by posting this blog, the awesome picture of Lisa will no longer be my headlining news. I'm glad that you all enjoyed the picture! Yes, my photo vault runs deep!

5 comments:

Doulos48 said...

Oh I got chills and I know little lemon is doing just great in there.....but it is nice to hear the heartbeat, just don't get all Tom Cruz on us and buy a at home ultrasound! (Although that would kind of be cool, maybe the most sane thing he ever did)....hey when do we find out if lemon is a girl lemon or a boy lemon? CAn't wait! SO cute that Lucy thought it was horsies. Reese would probabbly say "Baket Bawl" translation Basket Ball. He is a boy!
And um we can't wait to hear about the poop....what a great feild trip for a boy, boys love that crap (pun intended) =)

Wilson Girlzz said...

Hurray!
Thump, thumps of the heart beat are awesome!
I'm so excited for this little peanut to reveal blue or pink...I'm leaning towards blue, no idea why.
I really hope it's not a blue horsie! Dear Lord! However, you could name him Ed (funny? maybe not!)
What did Joe think of the heart beat? Is he hoping for a brother??
LOVE YOU and your lemon!

Annie said...

Joe is very excited about the new baby, and he was glad to hear that we got to hear the heartbeat. He wasn't with us this time, but he was able to hear Lu's fetal heartbeat toward the end of the pregnany, and he thought that it was a little anti-climatic. I may have oversold the experience!
Joe thinks that a new brother is on the way, but Devon and I are completely neutral-- neither of us have a feeling one way or the other.
We get to do the ultrasound in 4 weeks! We'll know then!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Yay for baby lemon!!! I loved hearing the heartbeat and this may or may not surprise you but I did rent a fetal heartbeat doppler so I could listen any time I wanted! I was a little obsessed!

I love that Lucy thought it sounded like horsies! We are really big on horsies around here as well!

I for one am glad that you have a new post today and that I am now yesterdays news!

comfy cozy said...

What a wonderful day! I remember trying so hard to, as Oprah says, be in the moment and really listen to the heartbeat but it was so hard to because all I could think about was how relieved I was to here one at all. It is such a precious moment! I love Lucy's comment! I could have used a comment like that to lighten the mood a little. Does she think brother or sister? Just curious since I have heard many stories where somehow the siblings had a sixth sense. My vote is for the blue team! Can't wait to read that blog in a few weeks. Yay!!