November 14, 2008

Flutter Flutter Kick Kick!

It is official! I can feel New Baby movin' and shakin' in my belly! I felt movement for the first time last night (no, it wasn't just gas!), and this morning our little Avocado must have been doing little, tiny, avocado-sized flips! By the way, avocados are pretty much my favorite food on the planet, so I was very pleased to see that week 16 marks the 4 1/2 inch height of the baby, the fetal position being comparable to the size of an avocado. I ate guacamole tonight to celebrate :)


Lucy really likes to go bye-bye in the car, which is a bit unfortunate because we don't leave the house very often. Yesterday she pulled out some shoes that are too small and she put them on her feet, and then she grabbed a Mariners bag that holds Grandma's slippers, and she kept calling me, "Mom, go bye-bye in the car!" By the time that I looked to see what she was doing, I had to grab my camera. The first picture is of her waiting on the stairs for us to go to the garage and leave in the car, and the second picture is of her reaction after I explained that we aren't going bye-bye. Poor Lucy! Life is rough when you have to stay home with Mama!



In September, we had family portraits taken for the first time. I just got them back from the photographer, so I thought I'd share pictures of pictures, but I can't show the best shots because they are Christmas gifts for Maga and Tutu (Devon's mom and my mom). I wish our photographer was as affordable as Sadina's photographer!!



7 comments:

Just Me said...

Love love love the pics! And I am so excited to hear baby is fluttering. Lucy and Joe will be so excited to feel it too. So funny to see the pics of Lu getting ready to go with my slipper bag. She is such a doll! Love you all!

comfy cozy said...

First off, I am so happy that you felt baby movin' and shakin'! So awesome! Also, I love your descriptive stories about Lucy! The 'before and after' photos were perfect. She is so adorable with those arms outstretched and pouting.

And lastly, your family photos are perfect. Talk about stunning! You really have got it goin' on, girl! And it was nice that you planned ahead and thought it would be appropriate to make your hair look nice (ha-ha!). Adorable family. BTW, I realized just how challenging it is to take a photo with three people looking good (no eyes shut or anything else funky). Especially with an infant. Just think, next year you'll have 5 people to coordinate!

Molly Andersson said...

Annie!! you have a beautiful family :) i love you all! and lucy is a crack up!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

I love new baby! Avacado is definitely in my top five favorite foods! I would love to give your Avacado a little nibble!

Lucy is OH SO CUTE!!!! She really has places to go and people to see! With a Tutu and a Mommy that love to travel is it a big surprise?

I don't really know what to say about all of these fabulous pictures! Simply Stunning!!! I want I want--I need I need!!

Elizabeth said...

Isn't feeling those flutters SO INCREDIBLE AND FUN?

So glad we got to chat today... it's incredible how similar our lives are!!!

LOVE your blog. Glad we can be blogging buddies.

BTW: Beautiful family portraits!

Wilson Girlzz said...

Throw your game girl!! You are stunning in those picutres...and so is the rest of the family, but really, you look awesome!

Lucy's super funny - those pouty lips, ugh, I fall for them every time!

Can I call your baby Guaccy? It's kind of cute and size-vegetable appropriate ;0)

Annie said...

Thanks Ladies! I'm so glad that you liked the pictures! We like them too, and now they are on the wall and everyday Lucy points out each of us in the picture. Ooh, I just thought of something-- I should teach her the word "family".... anyway...