
My sweet husband LOVES football season. He especially loves watching the Seattle Seahawks, but he loves participating in Fantasy Football (much to my dismay), he loves to wake up early on Sunday mornings and turn on the pre-game shows, he loves to watch the games with his laptop nearby so that he can keep up with his fantasy scores, he loves to switch the channels between games... Does this paint a picture similar to what any of you experience on Sundays?
Devon is the typical fan who yells at the tv, stands up and cheers after great plays, and encourages the players as though he is on the sidelines with them.
The Seahawks are having a rough season so far, and the losses are really hard on poor Devon. He used to watch the games with his Hasselbeck jersey on, but the jersey has been left in the closet for the past two months (he is superstitious!).
When we were dating, I used to innocently make plans on Sundays, and these plans would take him away from the tv. Now that we've been married for over three years, I know better. He's fine with me making plans and getting out of the house--in fact, he encourages me to "go do something fun," but his only plan is to sit on the sofa and watch the games.
When I really want to make my husband happy, I sit down and watch the games with him. I was watching the game yesterday, and after the Seahawks made a 1 yard touchdown, I commented, "One yard? I could do that." Whoa! Devon was appalled by my statement!
"Yeah right. You could not make a one yard touchdown."
"Sure I could. One yard is three feet. I can jump three feet."
"Okay, well, try jumping three feet with a 6'6" lineman charging at you..."
He may have had a point. I heard him quietly add, "Well, you couldn't make a 2 yard touchdown."
The football games were finally turned off at 8:30 last night, but, hey, Monday Night Football is only hours away!
5 comments:
OHHH...trash talking at the Rantz house...how naughty!
I too experience the whole channel flipping football weekends. Our day is really Saturday, when all the college teams play. We wake up to ESPN's College Game Day (Heaven Save ME!) and it just goes on from there.
I'm sorry about the fantasy football combo - I don't have to battle that one...yet, Q's not THAT computer savvy!! HA HA!
I can confirm this with 100% accuracy as I have been on the phone with Annie on the past few Sundays when Devon is in all his glory! Yesterday he was yelling no nO NOOOOOOOOO!!!! I thought he was yelling at Lucy. In fact he is so "verbally interactive" that when I am talking to Annie that I will pause what I am saying because I figure he is talking to her. Nope! Just talking with his players!!
Doug doesn't watch football and I have always been kinda happy about that---but I have always thought it was kinda sexy and very MANLY! Even cuter that he wears the jersey! I am a sucker for a guy in uniform.
Annie I think it's adorable that you support his hobby and I look forward to talking with you on Sunday.
OMG... I laughed soooo hard! and I know EXACTLY where you are coming from! You know what they say about girls marrying men like their dad...all I can say is hang in there honey. love you :)
Well, it is the all-American pasttime! Danny prefers golf. All things golf actually! I sware, he has a man-crush on ol' Tiger Woods!
Sorry, I can't relate to the Sunday thing because Danny has always worked on the weekends. At this point, he can definitely pick what shift he wants but he prefers the weekend shifts- I guess the chances are greater for more dead bodies! He likes that kind of action instead of football! Gruesome, I know.
I guess if you can't beat 'em join 'em. Imagine having both Devon and his big brother Mark with the football every weekend. At first I hated it, couldn't stand even the sound. But then they both played it too so I had to get with the program. Pretty soon Joe will be joining Devon with the football and you and Lucy will be fighting for your sanity, :-)
And if New Baby is a boy? It's all over.
Post a Comment