I have been a working mama this week! I'm running a little home-childcare business, and I am loving it! Since September I've been watching two toddler boys, and I just found a new job (on Craigslist!) to watch a 13 month old girl, and I started today. All of the kids have been fun to play with and take care of, and Lucy has been great at sharing her toys and sharing her mommy. I feel so fortunate to have these jobs because mamas are trusting me with their babies, and because I am earning money and contributing a bit to our bank account! But I should add that I am exhausted. I could use a nap and then a night out with Devon, which would require that I find a babysitter of my own!
Devon and I went to Joseph's Parent/Teacher Conference on Wednesday morning, and we learned that he is doing really well in school. This wasn't a surprise-- we weren't expecting any problems-- but it is still great to hear! I am always a little nervous for these conferences-- I guess that in a way, when someone is evaluating your child it feels like they are evaluating you too. So, I am happy to report that Devon and I are doing really well in the fourth grade!
Great job, Joe! I love you!
6 comments:
I am so proud of you!!!! Truly an inspiration! You are such a hard worker and have always been good at everything you do! Gush Gush!
Do these families know that they are the lucky ones??
I wish I could give you that night off with Devon that you need!
Parent/Teacher conferences are SCARY! You do feel like you are the on being judged. They usually go as expected but some can be doosies! Way to go Joe! Tell him that we are super proud of him!
PS How are you meeting so many wonderful people on Craigslist? All of mine have been total weirdos!
Ah, thanks for the gush gush Lisa!! And I'd take you up on babysitting so that I can have a night out with Dev! I'd be happy to return the favor!
I'll tell Joe that you are proud of him-- it'll make him happy.
Don't get me wrong-- I've met some weirdos too on Craigslist, but lately I've only met good people. I really like the baby and mom that I met today, considering that they are total strangers! I feel very fortunate!
Nice work buddy!
I'm super proud of both you and Joe! 2 hard-workin' Rantz's!!
I wish a million times over that you could take care of Elsie and Brynn...I'd be the luckiest mom and they'd be the luckiest girls!
I wonder if there's a way to start a side-business on Craigslist??? If you can sell my house for me I'll pay you some serious FINDERS FEES!!
Nice, you've got a deal Andrea!
I keep getting junk mail that says "work at home for Craigslist" but I am pretty sure that it is a scam. I'll make my own little business! Venturing into real estate...
Tell Joe I am so proud of him. I wish I was there still so I could let you and Devon have a date night again. I can't wait to be back. Still planning on March. By the way, those kids are very lucky to have you be their caretaker during the day. Those mommies are very fortunate to have found you.
Awesome, Annie! My only complaint is that I would have loved to see a pic accompany this post- one with all the kiddies in the midst of chaos, maybe?! Lucy must be having so much fun with the "playdates."
I'm happy to hear that you and Joe are thriving in the fourth grade!
Post a Comment