Sometimes I feel worried and I can't remember why. I can't recall the source of my nervous feeling. Devon laughs at me and says something like, "You should write yourself a note reminding you what to worry about today... Worrying is like a rocking chair; it gives you something to do but gets you nowhere..." And that worry-knot is in my gut, and that nagging-knot is in my head, and I try to retrace my thoughts to find the one thing that made me panic. Oh, it is a lot of work, this whole worry business.
My Nana once told me that she reminds herself to choose faith, because faith and fear cannot co-exist.
My Nana once told me that she reminds herself to choose faith, because faith and fear cannot co-exist.
Choose faith. Choose faith. Choose faith.
Along that same line, I heard on the radio once that one cannot worry while worshiping.
Worship. Worship. Worship.
Some days, I need these reminders to be written on my hands. Taped up on my wall. I can choose to conquer anxiety by choosing faith and by having a heart of worship for the One who created me and has blessed me immeasurably.
Now, if I could just remember what it was that was stressing me out...
Perhaps it was the fact that I can't seem to get enough of these-
They are just so delicious! And I find myself replenishing my supply, which is a problem because my favorite jeans are getting pretty tight already, and while at the store I have that little dialogue with myself, you know the one- Are you sure that you want to buy more? Yes, I'm sure. But you will eat them all. Yes, but they are a seasonal candy. And I love them. And soon enough they won't be available until next year, so I should indulge while I can. You might be sorry. No, I won't. You might. I won't.
It appears that I'm not the only one who eats them. Yesterday I found that Max had pushed a stool into the kitchen and helped himself to my treats!
It appears that I'm not the only one who eats them. Yesterday I found that Max had pushed a stool into the kitchen and helped himself to my treats!
(Please ignore the fact that our knives are totally within his reach in this video! Please do not call CPS!)
Did you know that Tangled is now available in stores? We bought it yesterday, and we give it ten thumbs up (Get it? Ten thumbs because there are 5 of us?). We've already watched it a few times, and I predict that we'll keep playing it because it is a stormy day outside and I don't aspire to leave the house at all. Plus, Lucy looks like this while we watch-
So, on this mid-week stormy day, I am working to choose faith. I am focusing on immeasurable blessings. I will watch Tangled again. I will sniff the back of Max's neck and behind his ears because he smells so yummy, and I will kiss him 1,000 times because next month he will turn 2 years old and I am feeling sentimental. I've promised to paint some tiny fingernails and toes, and from where I am sitting now, I can see that I've got some dishes to clean.
And if I happen to remember what it is that I'm worrying about, I'll be sure to write it down this time :)

9 comments:
I have worried my whole life! But I found this great scripture that has helped me so much! "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" Phil.4:6&7
I give it to God and He gives me peace! Win-win!!! Love you! :)
Faith and Fear cannot co-exist.
It's very true.
To be very honest, it's hard for me to grasp, but when I do I feel so freed.
I love the scripture above - thanks Leslie!!
What else do I love?
You.
Tangled (we bought it yesterday too).
Jellybeans. They are my Easter-candy nemisis. I ate so many yesterday that I had a tummy ache, which, I do not love.
;o)
I too find myself worrying over things I can not pin point. Maybe while we are in SD I will finally finish that book Fearless by Max Lucado. I too spend to much time being anxious and fearful. No fun. On a high note, I too have a Cadbury Egg thief in my family in the form of my husband. He LOVES them. He too allows himself to indulge for the few weeks of the year that they are out! I hold out for Halloween and Candy Corn. :) Love you!
Those are my favorite Easter candies too!! Mmmm mmmm!!! :) we got tangled too and I adore it!! I will admit and Aaron will attest that I had that same look Lucy has on her face the entire movie when we saw it in theaters!! :) Disney is magical!! And worship is my cure to worries!! The new francesca battistelli cd is amazing!! Love you sissy!
I am laughing my head off watching Max and your dialogue. I saw this very thing yesterday and he gave me one too. They are so very yummy!
And I saw Lucy's dreamy look yesterday too. Oh, my she is in for a huge surprise when she gets older and really learns about boys/men. I am hoping she will be more like Belle or Rapunzel.
On worrying: I go with the Serenity Prayer:
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
I'm with Grandma Donna!! Serenity prayer helps me. I'm a HUGE worrier, also. I worry that Logann's runny nose and cough aren't just teething/a cold, but something serious that I'm missing. I worry that Lorann will be affected in some way when I wake on my back in the middle of the night. I truly understand worry:( Let's work together to overcome and let go!!
Also, I LOVE the big Cadbury eggs with the white stuff in the middle...DE-LIC-IOUS!!!
Annie, I just can't say it again! I won't! It would be so annoying! Oh well, it's how I feel...so here goes...BEST POST EVER!
I love that you counted your immeasurable blessings, won the argument with yourself over the delicious cadburry's, and soaked in the goodness of that baby boy who won't be a baby at all soon!
You really made me laugh and cry with this one! :)
Annie, I just can't say it again! I won't! It would be so annoying! Oh well, it's how I feel...so here goes...BEST POST EVER!
I love that you counted your immeasurable blessings, won the argument with yourself over the delicious cadburry's, and soaked in the goodness of that baby boy who won't be a baby at all soon!
You really made me laugh and cry with this one! :)
I don't know how my comments keep posting twice...:) Sorry!
Post a Comment