March 4, 2011

Free to a Good Home


I make jokes about Max being wild and rowdy and uncontrollable, but I am here to tell you in all seriousness that my son is hard to handle.

It is a good thing that I love him so darn much, because otherwise I would post him on Craigslist.

Young Boy- free to a good home

Young boy, 22 months old.  Answers to Max, Bubs, Lover Boy and Buster.  Loads of energy.  Picky eater.  Throws food with excellent distance.  Likes to explore all cabinets and drawers.  Impressive climbing abilities.  Clingy.  Stubborn.  Wakes up to fuss several times each night.  Likes to snuggle.  Can pee on the toilet.  Gives great hugs and kisses.  Has a handsome smile and infectious giggle-
Nope, see, I can't do it- this boy belongs to me.

Yesterday, while we were out for lunch, and I was getting ready to place my order, Max opened the front door of the restaurant and ran straight into the middle of the street.  I ran and caught him by the strap of his overalls after my death scream MAX! NO!  By the grace of God, the driver of the oncoming car saw Max.  Angels were watching over him! 

But good grief!  I've been having flashbacks all day- watching my baby run away- and I shudder to think of what could have happened.  The fear-induced adrenaline causes my chest to ache.  It makes me want to tightly grab Max by his little shoulders, look him square in the eyes and ask What the heck is wrong with you!?!  

At church, when we leave him in the Sunday school class- with people that he has known his whole life, by the way- he cries until he vomits.  He does not like for us to leave him.  But, hey, take him to Taco Del Mar and he has no problem exiting the building alone and running into danger!

There is never a dull moment.

Seriously.  It is such a good thing that I love this stinker so much.

7 comments:

Leslie said...

I will take him!! Then I will buy him a little leash, one with a cute little backpack on it to keep his snacks and toys in! He would only get it taken off when he gets a bath! He is a stinker, all I can say is hang in there!! love you! :)

Wilson Girlzz said...

I think you are a saint.

and, I love you, ALOT!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Oh Annie!!! He is the most adorable problem to have!!! I am telling you these "skills" of his are going to pay off in his future! Maybe he will take really good care of his Mama!!!

A stinker indeed! You need an award of some kind! :)

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Speaking of stinkers...Henry just pooped for the third time in three minutes! Just to recap, three diapers, three minutes :) love you!!!

Just Me said...

Oh, Annie, you are the angel who is watching over that little one who is exactly like his daddy, by the way. So just think of what a really wonderful, smart, caring, loving, good guy he is going to grow up to be....one who already has a great throw. Yes, all those traits he has now will make him the great man he will become under your watchful, caring, loving tutelage. (Did I spell that right?)

Also answers to Maxy....still.

Molly Andersson said...

hahaha poor sissy!! I hope devon is reading this blogs!! Sounds like you need back up for this particular situation aka.. max :) But you can't help but love the little guy :) He's just got some extra spunk!

jillian said...

Hi Annie, I am here in "blogland" and this is now my fourth attempt to leave you a comment! Needless to say I am feeling a little unsure of myself. Adam showed me your blog with the tribute to him and dormform and I told myself I would check back in to see what's new in your world. It sure looks a lot like mine...dominated by a boy who throws his food, climbs everything, and runs away from me when I least expect it! Max does seem to have been given added spunk which I find endearing, but I am sure often leaves you exhausted. I can just see you someday telling the stories, laughing til you cry, remembering the days when Max ruled your world. The good news is often the spunkiest kids turn out to be the easiest later on...here's hoping for your sake! We miss you all and hope to see you soon.