Yesterday I had planned to chronicle my day in pictures, like this.
But somewhere between rushing to Lucy's ballet class and guiding Max through an exhaustion-induced tantrum that lasted nearly 2 hours before he finally surrendered to a nap, I forgot about my photo project.
So, scrap those plans!
While Max took one of the longest naps of his life- waking a few times to relocate from the bed to mama's arms to the sofa- I helped Joe study prepositions.
I suppose that a "day in pictures" wouldn't necessarily be very interesting, would it?
And speaking of scrapped plans,
I was browsing through my blog drafts yesterday (the ones that I wrote but never posted), and there were nearly 50 of them. After reading the list of titles, it wasn't hard to guess why these little gems never saw the light of day!
Here is a sampling of those titles-
Mars, Meet Venus
I Have a Problem
Rough Night
Therapy
Matt Damon
Annoyed
Swiffer, Anyone?
Bloggity Blah Blah
Stranger Danger? Or Italian Stallion?
and
(maybe my favorite)
I'm Grumpy
Some of those sound like real doozies! As one of the titles suggests, blogging is like "therapy" for me, and I suppose that if I can get my feelings out in drafts such as "Rough Night" or "Annoyed", it might be better if no one ever reads them!
While I am tossing plans to the wind,
I think I'll skip Stroller Strides today and go window shop at Old Navy.
It might do my heart some good to see spring clothes and believe that someday the rain will go away and the clouds will clear.
Oh, and today is April Fools' Day. I've never been good at fooling anyone on this annual day of trickery. So, lets just get this out of the way.
I'm pregnant!!!...
April Fools!!!
Do any of you have any tricks up your sleeve??



5 comments:
Hahahaha....I always said I was pregnant!! And I laughed as I read some of the titles to yet unposted blogs! Probably a good thing that you didn't share! Btw, I am looking out at beautiful sunshine for the 3rd day in a row! and I really think you and the family should drive to California this summer and stay for at least 2 weeks!!! We will go to amusement park, shopping, swimming everyday, play pingpong.....you get the picture!! Come in late June and be here for July 4th!!! LOve you! : )
Oooooo I like Leslie's plan!!! :))) I would like to read the Matt Damon post though! He is a personal fav :). Maybe Italian Stallion and I'm Grumpy would be great reads too! :)
I love your day in pictures and it is exciting! I think you should try it again soon!!!
OK, I would still love to hear "Matt Damon" and "Stranger Danger or Italian Stallion." My imagination is running wild already. Maybe you could combine them?
As usual you gave me a good laugh with your chronicles of the day: especially the shot of all three little ones standing there looking at you for...??? That's the point, right? All of them expecting something wonderful and exciting (or maybe just food?) from Mama Rantz. Love it!
You are so funny Annie, I love your blogs. The fact that they are about my favorite family helps. Love you all!
I'm pretty sure I just read that Max had a 2 hour melt down.
And I'm pretty sure that your 3:20 picture with Joe is a good one - you still have your hair...I don't know if I would still have hair after 2 hours of torture.
You're list of draft titles makes me smile - maybe just typing it all out and not pushing the publish button was therapy enough?
Anything good at Old Navy?
I love your blog so much :) you are such a talented writer and I love how you open your heart to your readers!! Even in the ones you don't post! :) I love your little family also!! all so adorable! Miss you sister!
Post a Comment