March 20, 2011

Animals, Mud, Sticks, and a Bullseye

Don't you love it when you wake up on Saturday morning and realize that you don't have an agenda or any obligations and that the day will take shape on its own and you can just go with the flow?
It is a beautiful day!
How about we pick up Joe from baseball practice and go to that preschool carnival?
Joe won a cake at the Cake Walk!
They played some games, won some prizes, and it became abundantly clear that Max knows nothing about waiting in line

Now what?
Want to go visit Aunt Merry and Uncle Dave?

*Max and Lucy take after me in that they aren't totally comfortable around animals.  Our time at Merry's usually begins like this-

 But with time, we all get a little cozy with our four-legged friends.


Petting a dog is one thing, but a horse?  A huge horse?  No thank you!

We are pretty happy playing with sticks and mud.  We don't need to get close to the horse.

Although, that does look kinda fun...


Okay, now we are pushing our luck...
Sure, I'll try something I've never done before...

I hit the bullseye twice!
What a fun, go-with-the-flow kind of day!


6 comments:

Leslie said...

Hit the bullseye twice????? Geesh, what a woman! Joe standing on a horse? I thought laying on a horse was impressive!! The cookie monster cake was fabulous! Good Job Joe! I LOVED all the pictures and am sooooo glad Devon got to spend the day with you all! Love you!!

Allison said...

You are quite the photographer! My two favorite shots have to be Joe doing Karate Kid on the horse and of you shooting a gun! Atta Girl! I am also so happy to see the sun shining up there. Hooray!

Wilson Girlzz said...

What a fun day!
I love all of the pictures and is it just me, or did Max all the sudden move from baby-ish to a total toddler? He looks old!!

Please don't touch that gun again, okay? Otherwise, I will look just like Lucy on the horse (uh oh!)

I'm happy you were all outside, enjoying the day and getting some Vitamin E :o)

Anonymous said...

WOWEEE!!!! What a great group of pictures!!! In fact, what a great group of people??!!! I am really impressed that you embraced your inner Dolittle!!! :) Did you really pet a dog?

Joe's cake was an awesome prize! Way better than you would expect from your average cake walk! Oh and may I say that his long hair looks awesome and suits him perfectly!!!

Everyone looks so good!!! And Dougie is a huge fan of the gun toting Annie!!!

Just Me said...

Great pictorial, Annie. Love the pic of Devon with his babies.

Go Joe! Nice to see you so comfy on that horse, and great to see the little ones on it too.

You really do a great blog, Annie.

And cheers to Aunt Merry for making your day so fun.

The Browns said...

What a great day!! Looks like you even managed to wear out Max;). Aunt Merry's looks like a great place!

PS
Thanks for the great advise!! Logann is such a momma's girl that I think this may be a little rough:(