October 17, 2010

Over the River and Through the Woods

While Devon is out of town at a softball tournament (he owes me big-time, right??), the kids and I escaped to Merry's house for the day.  Aunt Merry is taking on Halloween costumes for Lucy and Joe, and there was work to be done!


Costumes will be revealed later- they aren't ready yet!


Doing some research for Lucy's costume



I love him a little bit



Joe picked apples off of Merry's tree to feed to Tank


We are a little apprehensive.  Can you tell?

Max and Lola became best friends


And Merry taught Max how to do squats.  I've been thinking that it was time for that boy to start working out!

Lucy soaks up Merry's attention



Dinner?  How about popcorn and a movie



It was a pretty great day :)


7 comments:

Wilson Girlzz said...

I think Merry's house looks like a magical playland! She sews (and it looks like her crafting room is fabulous!) she has horses, an apple tree, and a weight room (love, love, love the Max picture...has he taken off his costume yet?)

I'm happy you got to get away and have the kiddos entertained for a while :o)

p.s. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE BIG COSTUME REVEAL!!!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Aunt Merry's house ROCKS!!! You are all looking so cute!!! The kids will never forget their time there! Wish we had one :(. So special! A little "family away from family" for you Annie!

I LOVE the costume designs thus far!!!!

Wilson Girlzz said...

uh oh...look at you with your new blog banner! love it!!

Leslie said...

Great pictures! Looked like you all had a blast! Yeah Aunt Merry for those great outfits!!! Can't wait to see the finished product in person!!! Also, I am so glad you found something fun to do while Devon was away! Love you :)Btw, black and white pics are fantastic!!!!!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Loving the black and whites too!

comfy cozy said...

Sweet header!

Um, yeah, Aunt Mary's looks like Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch for kiddies!

I loved that pic of you outside with the horse...I could just feel the fresh air!

Good for you for having some fun sans the hubby!

Just Me said...

Love the pics, especially Max lifting a weight, Lucy on Merry's table, Joe feeding the horse in his PJ's and all the rest. The Halloween costumes....do I see a cape in store for dracula maybe?

New banner is very nice! Miss you all, see you soon!