October 4, 2010

Date Night in 5 Simple Steps

Step 1  Hire a babysitter to stay with kids.  Yep, total stranger. 

Step 2  Get in car and drive away.  Don't look back.




Step 3  Eat, drink and mingle.



Step 4  Enjoy Jack Johnson.



Step 5  Drive back home from Portland, hoping that kids are sleeping, safe and happy.

Success!

6 comments:

Wilson Girlzz said...

NO WAY!!!!

I too would hire a total stranger to see JJ up close and live!!

I love that you got away, in just 5 *simple* steps!!

Katie said...

A total stranger? How'd it go? I'm too nervous to do that. Oh, and poor. What a great time! Good for you.

Just Me said...

Oh, I'm back! I have been replaced, I am so sad :-(
So good to see you guys tonight and can't wait to see you more this week. I missed you so much. Grandma is back and ready for duty! I wanna play with my grandbabies!

comfy cozy said...

Annie! You make it sound so, well, simple! I particularly like the "do not look back part." But you didn't mention calling five times during the duration of the date...does that kinda take away from your whole simple plan? :)

I heart Jack, too.

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Sounds like such a fun night!!!! You kids are wiiiiild! BTW "total stranger" came highly recommended by a trusted resource! :) You're not foolin' me :)))))!

Jack Johnson is one of our favs around here!!!

LOVED your 5 simple steps!!!

Just Me said...

I am so glad to be back home and tuned in....to your blog and your family's fun while I was gone. I missed you all so much.

But when I first heard via text that you were at the JJ concert my first thought was "I have been replaced" and had mixed feelings of sad (you will never ask me to babysit again) and happy (you got to go to a concert after so many weeks of no date night, even tho I was not there).

I can't wait to hear all the news but I got a quick summary here. Do I have the cutest grandkids or what? Joe will be great in drama when it starts. Lucy in her skeleton suit and Max running around the bases is so funny.