June 30, 2010

Hotel Living

Greetings from Portland!

Devon had business in Oregon this week, so in the spirit of "going with the flow" this summer, the kids and I hitched a ride!
Joe and Lucy are so excited to be on a road trip, staying in a hotel, ignoring bedtimes, eating out, swimming in the hotel's pool...  and having the whole family sleep in the same room.  By the way, this is my idea of camping :)

Lucy was amazed by the number of pillows lining the bed.  We don't skimp on the luxury 'round here, folks!
And see this sofa?  This sofa right here?  It folds out to become Joe's bed.  Joe said, "This must be a 4 Star hotel!"

Happy kids!



And nappy kids!

But the fun doesn't stop there!
We ate lunch at McDonald's- the kind of McDonald's with a germ pit playground.  Mother of the Year, right??

And don't forget ice cream cones!

And when Devon re-joined us, we did a bit of exploring in downtown Portland.

Can you guess who has to go potty?


It is agreed- we like business trips!


7 comments:

Jami said...

How fun! Camping is not that bad though, I thought it was going to be so hard but actually Mia had a blast and we are going again this summer-you should hitch a ride with us for that! :)

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

ANNIE!!!!! How adorable are you? My idea of camping as well!!! :)

I am so glad that you had this idea! That is making the Summer count...am I right, am I right, am I right right right?! :) (remember our groundhog day relentless quoting)

You all look refreshed and super happy and yes, VERY LUXURIOUS!!!!

How is Portland? I have always been so curious! You will have to fill me in!!! Have so much fun!!!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

P.S. With the mcdee's playground and the cones...Mother of the Year is right!!! Seriously though, your kids will probably never forget this trip. How fun! I remember my Mom taking us on one spontaneous trip to Twain Heart (can you stand it?:))))) and we got A&W drive up service and I never forgot it!

comfy cozy said...

LOVE IT!! You and your family fun are making me want to get the heck out of dodge so badly!! The kiddies look like they really are having a blast and I love their appreciative spirits. Oh, and the potty dance is too cute to!

I've been to Portland but it was a too-short trip. I think the city's got a lot of funk, fun, character, and beauty. Enjoy yourselves Rantz family!! And let your hair down, mama...you totally derseve it!!!!!!

Leslie said...

That is EXACTLY how I like to camp! (and especially at the places where people wait on you and bring you drinks at the pool :)) Your kids do look awfully happy, I really think you should all always go with him on business trips!!

Just Me said...

I looove Lucy posing on the big bed with the pillows! Just like the princess she is. And Joe's big smile surrounded by his battle formations. And
I just love the pic of Devon and the kids with the umbrella guy and Lucy holding herself. I laughed so hard. I know that one so well. Holding herself and saying, "No, I don't have to go potty!" Then the sudden "I have to go potty!" and she means
R I G H T N O W !

Too too funny, I laughed so hard! Best of all you all look so happy. What a great getaway for all. I love Portland! What's not to love? They also have a geat art museum. Well, maybe not so good for kids :-)

Wilson Girlzz said...

super cute P-town trip! I know right where that umbrella man is in Pioneer Place :o)

It makes me happy to think we were sharing a state, even if we didn't get to see eachother.

And,gosh, I don't know how you guys could ever top the "4-star hotel" with a hida-bed. Isn't it the best when things like that play in your favor!? Love it!!